• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm really liking Shenwari's technique here. Not concerned with this slow strike rate as I'm sure Afghanistan wouldn't even mind if they made 20 from the next 9 overs, if it meant they were just 2 down at the halfway point.
Yeah he's looked very composed. Enjoying watching these two bat tbh

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Schedulers taking the piss making SL and Afghan. play in Dunedin. Poor bastards look frozen.
Also having this at the weekend?! Marquee teams should play at the weekend so those who live in different time zones can stay awake without having to worry about work or school. This is a Tuesday afternoon game if I ever saw one.

anil1405

International Captain
If ever there was a pitch and opponent that might have brought Kula back to form it was this one. So would it have been better off giving Kula another chance before deciding to drop him?

viriya

International Captain
Not sure what SL are trying to prove with Thisara.. if he gets a bucketload of wickets it's probably worse for SL - giving the illusion that he's good enough vs major opposition.

If Afghanistan manage to get 250+ it can get interesting - especially if SL lose their top 3-4 early which is not impossible.

Spark

Global Moderator
No luck involved either. Just good, sensible batting in moderately tricky conditions.

Flem274*

123/5
How good is the Afghani icing?

If they can take the score to 140 or 150 by the 30th for two or three down then they're set for a big crack at underdone Malinga, Lakmal, Thisara etc

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well **** me, this shows the rank idiocy of the umpires call. If it hits it should be out. End of. That's KOing leg pole.

Been a solid effort here by Afghanistan so far, mind you. If they could cobble together 250 odd it might be interesting

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah this is where umpires call is bollocks........that's sending leg stump flying. Should be out.

viriya

International Captain
This is an example of a ******** application of technology. This is NOT an example of applying margin of error because I can guarantee that it's not a breadth of a seam.