• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, I've partied hard on nights before work before. Not that difficult to back up.

Bouncer

State Regular
There is a talk about sending Sarfraz as opener and keeping NJ out for India game because Indian bowling line is likely to be not too threatening to Sarfaraz. I would not do that right now both NJ and Sarfraz are out of batting form so if I have to pick an out of form regular opener vs an out of form make shift opener - I would pick NJ.

smash84

The Tiger King
After his bowling against India I would like Sohail Khan to play on Ssaturday

My bowling attack would be

Sohail Khan
Wahab Riaz
Yasir Shah
Irfan
Rahat Ali/Ehsan Adil

SeamUp

International Coach
Frustrating watching the Pakistan team since the late 90's and early 00's. Saeed Anwar, Inzamam, Razzaq, Saqlain, Muhtaq, Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib even were part of pathetic Pakistan performances as well but as a team they were special quite often. You can't say there are too many special players around in this current team.

They may pull out another miracle and win this tournament but after this WC they need to get the future in and rebuild their team. Start giving experience to Sami Aslam, Babar Azam, Mohammed Rizwan, Hammad Azam, Zafar Gohar, Raza Hasan, Karamat Ali & 'Mohammed Amer'.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
In the meanwhile Imran has gone bonkers

Imran KhanVerified account ‏@ImranKhanPTI

2/2 Irfan, Wahab, Yasir & Sohail can defend if batsmen give a decent target. But Younus is a must for future matches.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Problems with Pakistan

So let's analyse why Pakistan is so ****.

The main problem I see is the Infrastructure.

When players get into the national side, they should already have the basic skills around batting, bowling and fielding sorted out. But with Pakistan, these guys don't have the right batting/bowling techniques and fielding is abysmal.

For example, the guys that are coming in now can't even swing the new ball at all or their batting technique is shoddy. The Windies managed to get the ball to swing as did India, but our bowlers weren't swinging the ball at all. This is a real concern. Thinking that they will learn to field or improve their batting/bowling techniques at the International level is silly. It's too late by then because this needs to be fixed at a young age.

The problem is that schools/universities aren't producing great players any more. We have produced many great batsman through our education system but this isn't happening now. Part of the blame lies with the Government, who don't pour money into education and facilities. Another problem is with the local cricket administrations and clubs, where coaching is abysmal (I mean they let chuckers through). And then PCB doesn't help either. For example, we don't get more A-team, under 19 tours where our players can play in different conditions, and learn to say for example, play the moving ball.

And when they do arrive at the International scene, the coaching is still bad. What is Waqar doing? He is an ATG bowler and yet our bowling is rubbish with guys like Wahab with dodgy wrist positions (can this even be fixed?). What about the batting coach, Grant Flower? Why are our batsmen still of the mindset that once they make a 50 they have done their job and that they can relax. I guess it doesn't help when you keep changing the coaching staff regularly.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haven't seen the video but whats with Shoaib Akhtar having a go at the players?
Because he's a ****, that's why. One of the most selfish players to ever play for Pakistan has the gall to call Misbah selfish and a coward. **** off Akhtar!