• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi - Class Act

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Forgive my ignorance; who is the 'third country' Afridi is talking about? China?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Malik's speech after the T20 WC was weird. Different cultures and all that I guess, but can't really relate to that "apologizing to all Muslims" stuff.
:laugh: That cracked me up again...it was a hilarious moment for me to be honest...

shankar

International Debutant
So, China then? 8|

But yeah, I guess the US have certain interests in that part of the world.
And it is those interests that cause the US to pressure India to enter into these pointless talks contrary to Afridi's clueless statement.

Evermind

International Debutant
I don't think what Afridi said is any different to what so many other people say.

It wasn't a smart comment, but it was just an overly patriotic one. It's no different to some countries who think mateship, coming together, fighting against the odds etc. are unique to their own culture.

He's just being patriotic. Meh. No big deal.
See, now this post is about as ****ing stupid as Afridi's comments.

Are you just being disingenuous, or are you too dumb to notice that "Look, I think if I tell the truth, then a Muslim's heart or a Pakistani's heart they can't match. As big or clean a heart that Allah has given us, I don't think they possess." has almost entirely to do with religion and not nationality? Which other cricketer has directly referenced the religion of another country at all - forget about denigrating it openly? It's an utterly shameful, ignorant, and somewhat ironic thing to say, and definitely unprecedented.

In any case, good to know that Afridi the jackass is the same old big-hearted Afridi caught dancing on the pitch, chewing a cricket ball and backstabbing his own team-mates at every available opportunity. A complete dickwad.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So he basically goes from giving a forcefull statement advocating love/harmony between India and Pakistan to a moronicly and hurtfully stereotyping the Indians in the span of 24 hours. Brilliant. 8-)
come on fusion you didn't really expect the guy to morph into a statesman, did you? in any case he is still a young and immature 20 year old so you've got to cut him some slack...:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
See, now this post is about as ****ing stupid as Afridi's comments.

Are you just being disingenuous, or are you too dumb to notice that "Look, I think if I tell the truth, then a Muslim's heart or a Pakistani's heart they can't match. As big or clean a heart that Allah has given us, I don't think they possess." has almost entirely to do with religion and not nationality? Which other cricketer has directly referenced the religion of another country at all - forget about denigrating it openly? It's an utterly shameful, ignorant, and somewhat ironic thing to say, and definitely unprecedented.

In any case, good to know that Afridi the jackass is the same old big-hearted Afridi caught dancing on the pitch, chewing a cricket ball and backstabbing his own team-mates at every available opportunity. A complete dickwad.
Firstly, why are you always getting personal and insulting other posters? It's a common theme throughout your posting, whether it be about the Indian team or other issues. It's absolutely frustrating.

Secondly, judging by the opinions of other Indian posters here and their reaction to Afridi's comments, I'm prepared to admit I am wrong in assessing Afridi's comments. I'm not in a position to judge as I am not a Hindu, and I just gave my initial reaction.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
04/04/2011
Indian players don't have clean hearts

Karachi: Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has stirred controversy again by saying that he did not find any of the Indian cricketers having large or clean hearts.Speaking days after losing to India in the World Cup semi-final in Mohali, Afridi said: "In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," he added.

Afridi, who was participating in a talk show on Samaa news channel, said: "It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad."

"We don't want to fight with each other, but a third country - everyone knows which one it is - is trying to spoil our relations. (This country) is taking advantage of Pakistan and wants to take advantage of India. I don't want to go into details but these people will not let us come together," he added.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semi-final with India at Mohali on March 30, Afridi replied: "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India. Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

For the record, Pakistan lost to India by 29 runs, paving the host team's entry into the finals for the third time in ten World Cup editions. India has won the World Cup twice and is the only country to win it at home.

Source

Gooch20

Banned
i think you guys are only telling one side of the story, he didn't means indian people he meant indian players have small heart and hate pakistanis, he was basically reacting to what Gautham gambhir said before the match, that if india wins, it will be a revenge for the mumbai attacks of 2008. Now if some one said that, i would be pissed off too. I think i have noticed this before too, that pakistani players are really friendly with indian players, but indians players are really negative to pakistani players, the whole indian cricket board is actually negative and always brings politics in the middle, the snub that pakistani players got in IPL proves that

Last edited:

Gooch20

Banned
04/04/2011
Indian players don't have clean hearts

Karachi: Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has stirred controversy again by saying that he did not find any of the Indian cricketers having large or clean hearts.Speaking days after losing to India in the World Cup semi-final in Mohali, Afridi said: "In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," he added.

Afridi, who was participating in a talk show on Samaa news channel, said: "It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad."

"We don't want to fight with each other, but a third country - everyone knows which one it is - is trying to spoil our relations. (This country) is taking advantage of Pakistan and wants to take advantage of India. I don't want to go into details but these people will not let us come together," he added.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semi-final with India at Mohali on March 30, Afridi replied: "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India. Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

For the record, Pakistan lost to India by 29 runs, paving the host team's entry into the finals for the third time in ten World Cup editions. India has won the World Cup twice and is the only country to win it at home.

Source
oh thanks, now this confirms what i said in my previous post, I think that hindu/muslim thing came out of his mouth accidently, but he clearly meant indian players/indian board

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Secondly, judging by the opinions of other Indian posters here and their reaction to Afridi's comments, I'm prepared to admit I am wrong in assessing Afridi's comments. I'm not in a position to judge as I am not a Hindu, and I just gave my initial reaction.
To me it seems like he got few calls from upstairs after he talked about having good relations with India and how similar Pakistanis are to Indians, watch indian movies,have similar customs etc etc. I bet that did not see too well with the Fundo types who thrive on the idea that both countries and cultures are totally alien to each other and how they can't and should not live together peacefully .

The sudden turn around including the meaningless reference of US, smacks of an act of desperation, it is just too strange and hard to believe Afridi had a sudden change of heart in one day. I still believe that the Afridi that spoke at the airport was speaking what he felt, the Afridi on the phone was not.

Evermind

International Debutant
Firstly, why are you always getting personal and insulting other posters? It's a common theme throughout your posting, whether it be about the Indian team or other issues. It's absolutely frustrating.

I have never personally criticised posters, other than yourself. This is because I've been attacked personally every time I criticise the Indian team - mostly by you.

You don't have to be a Hindu to see the obviously prejudiced and insipid nature of his comments. It requires a very basic level of human empathy.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i think you guys are only telling one side of the story, he didn't means indian people he meant indian players have small heart and hate pakistanis, he was basically reacting to what Gautham gambhir said before the match, that if india wins, it will be a revenge for the mumbai attacks of 2008. Now if some one said that, i would be pissed off too. I think i have noticed this before too, that pakistani players are really friendly with indian players, but indians players are really negative to pakistani players, the whole indian cricket board is actually negative and always brings politics in the middle, the snub that pakistani players got in IPL proves that
What did Gambhir say that was so negative about Pakistani Players ?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If Gambhir did say that, it is in bloody bad taste and he should apologize immediately. What a moronic comment at so many levels. Neither the Pakistani cricketers have anything to do with the Mumbai attack, nor is result of a cricket match capable of healing those wounds.