• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Man we're gonna miss Mills tonight. He has a superb record against the Saffers. In 10 matches going back to 2005, he's taken 20 wickets against them at 18.55, and always gave them more trouble than Bond used to. Southee will do his best, but without Mills I just can't see us doing enough damage at the top to make this a contest.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good luck to the Black Caps. I'm going to be at the pub watching, so am hoping for a good showing at least.

As usual with any potentially lopsided match, the match could be decided (ie. lost by us) in the first 30-90 minutes, especially if we're batting. If that doesn't happen it should be a good match.

BeeGee

International Captain
NZ win toss and bat first.

Vettori and Woodcock in, Franklin out.

Steyn and Morkel back in. AB de Villiers will keep.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
South Africa playing 5 bowlers, with Kallis able to bowl plenty of overs as well.

That's basically 6 bowlers. Amazing.

Duminy hardly a hack as well.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa playing 5 bowlers, with Kallis able to bowl plenty of overs as well.

Tsotsobe can't get a game after taking 4 for FA in the last match and owning India in the previous series. Embarrassment of riches in the bowling department. I am so envious of them.

Williamson in, ITSTL.

Mike5181

International Captain
Just don't collapse. Pleaaaase.

<<<<I know i'll suck the energy out of the South African players.

Last edited:

irottev

U19 Cricketer
NZ can't win this game. Steyn and Morkel will destroy with pace and the 3 spinners will tear us a new one in the middle. We don't have the early firepower and don't have wicket taking ability in the middle stages.

Our only hope is somehow posting a huge score....but that won't happen vs the SA bowling.

Stapel

International Regular

What I was thinking too. Even worse: If Botha, Peterson, Morkel, Steyn & Imran Tahir are considered your 5 bowlers, we can add Kallis, Duminy and Du Plessis. That's 8 bowlers! Du Plessis won't get too many overs, but still.

Imho, SA are a batsman short!

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
What I was thinking too. Even worse: If Botha, Peterson, Morkel, Steyn & Imran Tahir are considered your 5 bowlers, we can add Kallis, Duminy and Du Plessis. That's 8 bowlers! Du Plessis won't get too many overs, but still.

Imho, SA are a batsman short!
tbh, New Zealand have 8 bowlers as well...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Like the selection of Woodcock .. Get a feeling that NZ got the right combination to win this game