View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

34 65.38%
  • Australia

18 34.62%
Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

India v Australia
    Thu Mar 24

Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
    09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

India Squad

MS Dhoni, (captain/keeper), Virender Sehwag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Virat Kohli, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Sreesanth, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh

Australia Squad

Ricky Ponting (captain), Michael Clarke, Doug Bollinger, Callum Ferguson, Brad Haddin (wicketkeeper), John Hastings, David Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Krejza, Brett Lee, Tim Paine (wicketkeeper), Steven Smith, Shaun Tait, Shane Watson, Cameron White, Michael Hussey

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Home conditions are a big advantage.

Aus have looked a little ordinary in their last few games and will need to lift for this one.

Should be epic!

Will be constantly ****ting my dacks in the build up to this match. Thursday is a long way away.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Could be a belter. Fancy India slightly as I think the Oz top order's (relative) susceptability to spin might be a factor, but if Tait & Johnson have "on" days and Clarke and Hussey (best players of spin for the holders) get in it will be a ball-tearer.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Would also just have India as slight favourites, but they need their batting, which is their strength, to fire. The important thing in this game for me is if Tendulkar and Sehwag flourish, they have the ability to repel whatever the Aussie attack can throw at them.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Watson and Haddin need to go large at the top of the order. That way, our questionable middle order just needs to piggy back off that foundation.

Lee and Tait then need to rip the top off India's order.

Not out of the question that these things can occur.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Going for India as i think Australia will get bogged down against the spinners and not get anywhere near enough runs.

Easily the pick of the quarters though and no real preference as to who goes through, just hope we get a cracking match.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Australia in with a real chance here, think India's top-order isn't travelling as well as they'd appear. The big variable is whether the Aussies can put on enough runs to put them under the pump if they bat first and whether they can take early top-order poles to put the squeeze on India's softer middle-order. Shaping up to be the game of the tournament.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 20-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Will it be Australia's tactic to remain rather cautious at the top of the order. Presumably India will open with Zaheer and Ashwin or another spinner, and look to peg Australia back from the off, will we see a more positive start from Watson and Haddin, or is wickets in the shed their current theory ? I appreciate there are other factors that will affect this strategy, such as the pitch, but I'm talking as a general thought. I think Haddin certainly needs to take the bull by the horns, or an alternative partner for Watson at the top (e.g. Mussey), not that I think they'll change it now.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    As optimistic as I've always been, and as arrogant and overconfident as other may perceive me to be, I'm **** scared for this matchup. Really very nervous for the first time ever.

Need Sehwag and Sachin to fire.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Worried about Johnson and Lee mainly. They have done it a few times in the past where after their spells India is 20/4 or so. Do not see us recovering from that. Tendulkar and Sehwag need to stay. Man am I fearing Thursday.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    Worried about Johnson and Lee mainly. They have done it a few times in the past where after their spells India is 20/4 or so. Do not see us recovering from that. Tendulkar and Sehwag need to stay. Man am I fearing Thursday.
    Awta

Will be many sleepless nights before then.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Watson and Haddin need to go large at the top of the order. That way, our questionable middle order just needs to piggy back off that foundation.

Lee and Tait then need to rip the top off India's order.

Not out of the question that these things can occur.
    I'd guess there's a 99% chance India will open with spin; should be a real test of Watson and Haddin's mettle. Both obvz far happier starting against pace.

Ashwin has to play after today.

Should be the game of the tournament so far. Home advantage to India but that's just extra pressure on top.

As much as i want India to win and come face pakistan in the semis i favour the aussies. on paper they always come back hard after a defeat and this is the worst time to play them
    "During my 21 years of playing cricket, I have never been approached by anyone or offered a bribe"

Imran Khan

PAKISTAN PERSONALISED WORLD CUP 2011 CRICKET SHIRT KEYRING...

Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    After watching Lee against Pakistan on Saturday, you have a very good reason to worry. He was fantastic and will know the importance of striking early against the two openers, he'll be pumped and it should make for an excellent contest.

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information