• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

howardj

International Coach
As a neutral observer, I don't think the problem with the Aussie batting is Haddin, it's Ponting. If Ponting finds form, Australia will find form. He's the most crucial cog in that batting lineup and he needs to score some runs.
I disagree

I think Watson is key

Then Hussey

howardj

International Coach
We've got to be competitive animals tomorrow night - just ferocious beasts, with a pack mentality.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Really excited and nervous for tommorow's clash. I'm desperately hoping Australia win the game, Hasn't been much fun watching Australia's games so far, apart from the start of the SRI vs AUS game. I missed most of Australia vs Pakistan :(

Going to pull an all nighter :cool:. Hopefully I don't have attend school the next day or I'll be ****ed.

My heart tells me that Ponting will score big, my head tells me that he won't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TBH, I really didn't like his interview as well.

Why can't he say "We're going to go out there, do what we know we can and hopefully it will be enough. We are defending champions but we're still hungry to win this cup again. We are used to pressure because success is expected of us."

I detest this "they are at home, they'll be under pressure, they've got a lot to play for", as if Australia is waiting for India to do something wrong to believe they have a chance - essentially shifting the onus on them. I pray that is not the team's mentality. I hope they truly believe that if they go out there doing what they know they can do; they'll win the match. I think we definitely have the better team and we should go play like we know that is the case - even if we do lose.
He's playing mind games. I'm sure the team believes it can win. But why not try and add some pressure on India?

Nevertheless, with all this Ponting retirement/firing talk in the air, it's not helping the Australia cause.

Unless of course it fires up Punter and he dominates WC 2003 style. Which could happen.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Shaun Tait is the bowler to target. Lee and Johnson are the bowlers to pay respect. I'll grab a score of 75/2 after 15 overs with both hands, if we bat first.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
He's playing mind games. I'm sure the team believes it can win. But why not try and add some pressure on India?

Nevertheless, with all this Ponting retirement/firing talk in the air, it's not helping the Australia cause.

Unless of course it fires up Punter and he dominates WC 2003 style. Which could happen.
I don't really understand why CA would bring up speculation regarding the continuation of Ponting's captaincy days before a huge huge match.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Shaun Tait is the bowler to target. Lee and Johnson are the bowlers to pay respect. I'll grab a score of 75/2 after 15 overs with both hands, if we bat first.
If it looks like Johnson isn't going to have one of his good days, its worth going after his bowling. Bowls a load of length balls and someone like Yuvraj or Pathan can take him to the cleaners. We should just see Lee off safely and not get too aggressive against the spinners. Watson could have a big impact in the game. Worried about his bowling ever since Angelo Mathews caused a collapse once as the 6th bowler and took 6 wickets against us.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Only Lee has been good in this tournament so far. No need to worry about express pace IMO.
If you are an Indian fan, you would know what can really hurt their batting line up. Its raw pace. Which is why Australia has had such an exceptional record in India. Which is why most of the fans here are really worried about India's chances. Its probably the only one bowling line up i would fear as an Indian fan because they can be devastating when they are on song. Johnson has always had a lid on Sehwag. Tait can be deadly if he gets right specially in the final overs where India have been really vulnerable. And Lee is good most of the time.

smash84

The Tiger King
If you are an Indian fan, you would know what can really hurt their batting line up. Its raw pace. Which is why Australia has had such an exceptional record in India. Which is why most of the fans here are really worried about India's chances. Its probably the only one bowling line up i would fear as an Indian fan because they can be devastating when they are on song. Johnson has always had a lid on Sehwag. Tait can be deadly if he gets right specially in the final overs where India have been really vulnerable. And Lee is good most of the time.
I think Tendy is the key here. Remember the WC 2003 match against Pakistan? The Pakistan attack of 2003 was much better than this Aus attack yet India won. So it is not like the Indian team cannot handle express pace or good quality pace. Although because of lack of practice against express pace India probably would find it tougher than let's say Pakistan