• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 40 - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting is on the verge of becoming a serious liability for Australia

He scores bugger all runs and takes up a stack of balls doing so

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
How many times do the umpires incorrectly give ricky ponting not out! It's astonishing!
He always seems to get out on reviews these days.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a bit of a travesty that Haddin's ODI numbers are so close to Gilchrist's.. Australia really need to look for another ODI keeper-batsman IMO.

Sylvester

State Captain
I'd be playing Wade after the WC, hes aggressive and was very consistent this season.
Haddin average might be near Gilly but his strike rate is miles away, Would hardly see Gilly waste this many balls, essentially it was smoke the attack or back in the pavilion.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What a waste of an innings. If you burn up 80 deliveries whilst only striking at 50 you MUST make a big innings from that platform. Poking at a delivery with no footwork is such garbage batting.

Burgey

I'd be playing Wade after the WC, hes aggressive and was very consistent this season.
Haddin average might be near Gilly but his strike rate is miles away, Would hardly see Gilly waste this many balls, essentially it was smoke the attack or back in the pavilion.
Interesting. Generally I agree about Haddin, but everyone's been slow today.

Oh look, it's Cameron White!

Woodster

International Captain
Haddin will be rightly disappointed with that shot, and getting out when he was set. Has used up a lot of deliveries and should have gone on to bat through most of the innings, increasing his strike rate as he goes, but not to be. Riaz capable of producing decent deliveries and picking up good wickets. Pressure on Aussie middle order here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a waste of an innings. If you burn up 80 deliveries whilst only striking at 50 you MUST make a big innings from that platform. Poking at a delivery with no footwork is such garbage batting.
Terrible knock

I can handle people hitting it to fieldsmen but when you spend most of the time just blocking it back to the bowler and showing no intent whatsoever, it truly pisses me off

vcs

Terrible knock

I can handle people hitting it to fieldsmen but when you spend most of the time just blocking it back to the bowler and showing no intent whatsoever, it truly pisses me off
Really is terrible at placing the ball into gaps against spinners. As long as he opens, every team should look to bowl spinners in the power-plays. Destroyed whatever little rhythm Ponting had as well.