• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
tbh WI would fancy their chances against Pakistan especially if Pakistan get up on the wrong side of the bed. WI would be hoping for that
It'll be an interesting match for sure. If Roach, Gayle and Shiv play I'll be backing the Windies for a semi-final berth

smash84

The Tiger King
It'll be an interesting match for sure. If Roach, Gayle and Shiv play I'll be backing the Windies for a semi-final berth
Actually our bowling is more than decent and Gayle and Shiv shouldn't cause too much problems. It is actually our batting and fielding that I worry about. These two depts are worse than bad.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am nervous tbh we should beat them but if a nutter like Gayle or Pollard have a good day then we might be toast lol now I know how other feels when their team faces Pakistan.

Blaze 18

Banned
Pakistan are a little too strong for West Indies. Some commentator mentioned today that the last time West Indies beat a Test team in ODIs (Bangladesh excluded) was back in 2009. West Indies have a massive problem against spinners; expect the likes of Afridi and Ajmal to run through them.

smash84

The Tiger King
for some reason Ajmal has fallen out of favor with Afridi. The guy is not getting any chance in this WC. abdur Rehman has been decent though and Hafeez has been very good in this world cup

kingkallis

International Coach
I am delighted to know that we will be playing Australia in the QF. We surely surely can defeat them. On the other hand, its good that SAF is playing Kiwis in the other QF. SAF firm favorites there.

Blaze 18

Banned
for some reason Ajmal has fallen out of favor with Afridi. The guy is not getting any chance in this WC. abdur Rehman has been decent though and Hafeez has been very good in this world cup
With the number of lefties in the West Indies side, it might be worth playing Saeed Ajmal.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So India to beat Australia, Sri Lanka to beat England, Pakistan to beat West Indies and South Africa to beat New Zealand is how i see it.

That would give us semis of India v Pakistan and Sri Lanka v South Africa.

Sri Lanka to win it then.:unsure:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
So India to beat Australia, Sri Lanka to beat England, Pakistan to beat West Indies and South Africa to beat New Zealand is how i see it.

That would give us semis of India v Pakistan and Sri Lanka v South Africa.

Sri Lanka to win it then.:unsure:
You have missed the outcomes for the semi finals and went straight to the winner of the WC :laugh:

qarishahg

Cricket Spectator
Its such a shame we can't have a Pakistan vs India final, will that day ever come. maybe in 2064 :ph34r:

Just imagine a repeat of 1992 but England taking revenge on the Paksitanis, on subcontinent soil too. Ahhh that will hurt!

Last edited:

Lostman

State Captain
Winner of Eng/SL have a relatively easy ride into the finals imo.
Neither SA or NZ would scare anyone in a semi-final draw.:ph34r: