• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeouch. Great ball.

(And an even worse shot. Front foot, Bell?)

Seriously, that's a dreadful shot.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always warms my heart to see an Englishman out to a reverse sweep in a vital WC match in India.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Morgan's dismissal probably the worst of the bunch. All things considered, utterly daft.

Still, Bishoo looks a bowler. Wasn't sure how he'd stand up to international class batsmen (so to speak), but the early signs are encouraging.

Woodster

International Captain
Morgan gone, another huge blow. Now Wright, making his first appearance in the competition, has to try and resurrect this innings by building a partnership with Bopara. Not going to be easy for him. Will he remain true to his aggressive nature, or try and play more circumspect ?

vcs

I think Edwards is a classic case of absence making the heart grow fonder. Always thought the guy was extremely erratic, even though he was capable of the occasional wonder-spell. Not sure he is all that much of a miss for the WI.

Morgan departs as well. Not watching this, but it seems the pitch is really helping spinners. I think England are still in a good position because of the quick start they had, but they must not lose any more wickets. Get 230-240 or so batting patiently and that should be good enough.

Woodster

International Captain
The reverse sweep is a shot Morgan generally plays so well. He doesn't see it as a risky shot due to his overall success at playing it and time he has dedicated to trying to master it. It's a shot everyone thinks is silly when it doesn't work, but it is a strong area for him and I certainly don't have any problems with him playing it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I think Edwards is a classic case of absence making the heart grow fonder. Always thought the guy was extremely erratic, even though he was capable of the occasional wonder-spell. Not sure he is all that much of a miss for the WI.
Edwards had improved out of sight by the time he was injured. Obviously when he started he had played virtually no serious cricket and had to learn to be a Test cricketer by playing Test cricket. And more often than not, he was battered.

By the time he was injured, he was just about settling into where most promising bowlers would be after a year in Test cricket.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Morgan departs as well. Not watching this, but it seems the pitch is really helping spinners. I think England are still in a good position because of the quick start they had, but they must not lose any more wickets. Get 230-240 or so batting patiently and that should be good enough.

He looked to be improving massively though, Edwards, was picked too young. Aren't Taylor and Fidel playing in the Windies domestic comp now?

Roach
Taylor
Edwards
Russel

Not exactly croft, Garner, Holding, Roberts, but still looks more promising then for some time.

Yeah, I'm trying top keep my mind off this batting display.

Last edited:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
England should aim for 220 at least here. Not easy to play the spinners with the ball gripping a bit. Would give them a chance at least.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The reverse sweep is a shot Morgan generally plays so well. He doesn't see it as a risky shot due to his overall success at playing it and time he has dedicated to trying to master it. It's a shot everyone thinks is silly when it doesn't work, but it is a strong area for him and I certainly don't have any problems with him playing it.
It's not the shot, so much as the context of the shot. It was a ridiculous way to get out. Plain and simple.