• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 24 - New Zealand v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rehman is going to be pretty tidy.Razzaq is tidy too,but nothing wrong in experimentation.Better to do it here than later.
True, but you have to consider the fact that Razzaq has to finish the rest of his overs with a slightly older ball and won't be as effective whereas Rehman could come in the 2nd powerplay and still keep things tight

salman85

International Debutant
Razzaq has'nt been used a 10 over per innings bowler in this tournament.Infact,he hasnt finished his overs in any match.I think he'll divide overs with Hafeez,whereas Gul,Afridi,Shoaib and Rehman bowl 10 each.

_Ed_

Typically brisk How innings so far, I see.

Hope he gets in and scores big this time, rather than holing out after a laborious 15.

vcs

Is it just my internet,or has cricinfo been slower than usual during this World Cup?
It has become a horrible crash-prone thing with all the videos and **** on every page. It's a shame I can't go there anymore because I used to quite enjoy their articles. Wish they'd kept it simple.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Watching How bat makes me cheer for the bowling side.

He defends for the first 30 balls, then when he gets his eye in he drills it down deep square legs throat.

He should just save us the agony and retire out.

Howsie

International Captain
Ha. The continued selection of Jamie How has gone well past a joke, it's almost like he's the only reserve batsmen in the squad :dry:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Abdur Rehman to How, no run, another one fired in on leg stump, defended wide of the bowler on the on side

Why didn't he work this ball to mid wicket

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh God with Ryder out sick, Baz out already and Taylor woefully out of form the spinners might tear us a new hole.

Hopefully Guppy who is playing really well lately can set the tone a bit for us and Pig and Jimmeh can work from there.

_Ed_

Abdur Rehman to How, no run, another one fired in on leg stump, defended wide of the bowler on the on side

Why didn't he work this ball to mid wicket
Because it's all part of a cunning plan, which is to bat preposterously badly for so long that the opposition no longer see him as worthy of any respect whatsoever.

salman85

International Debutant
Is it possible than How is asked to bat this way?You know,a Misbah like innings where you start slow,and then explode at the end.

The 2nd part of that plan isn't working for How,if that is the plan to begin with.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
At least when Guptill gets bogged down, he's well aware of it, and tries to get a boundary sooner rather than later. How just blocks and blocks, letting the game pass him by.

vcs

How strikes me as one of those batsmen who the fielding side would seriously consider dropping just to keep him at the crease.