• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's the best you clueless bastards have played in years in ODI's and you still can't win a close game against a decent team!!!
Beefy's depression told the whole story. needed like 7 an over with 10 overs to go, 8 wickets in hand. Who's frikkin laughing?!
You're a buffoon Alex, **** off ****

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah... think I would have given it to Bresnan.. Looked a class apart out of all the bowlers from both teams.. And WTF was that decision to Bell for that LBW appeal.. One of the few moments in life when I felt something like sympathy for Waterboy..
Yeah he was awesome but in terms of impact on the game, I don't think England would have got anywhere close without Strauss. Bresnan was great but he saved 20 runs at most.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I am happy with the result in that this is a wake-up call for India, tieing against (what I still think is a) rubbish England ODI unit.

It's obviously that our bowling needs to improve, and this game has helped emphasize that fact. And, mark my words, I still believe we will beat South Africa and top this group. And then expect to face NZL in the quarters. England batting was pretty much a one man show, and he won't click every time. Hence, I still believe they're a rubbish team for the most part, but have certainly put up a very good performance today.

EDIT: Plus, had the UDRS gone our way, this would've been our game.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
What happens in the other games when Strauss can't make a big score? Swann just climbed 5 tiers higher in my legendary rating with that six. Still can't bowl for **** in India though.:p Sorry GIMH, Markarse, just what I think of his bowling here. Will be happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Firstly, very well played England. I said before the start they were a quality side, and they showed it. Andrew Strauss played a truly remarkable innings, one of the best in recent memory.

India - be ashamed of yourselves. You cannot defend 338 ? You cannot appeal ? Strauss edged twice to the 'keeper and you didn't even go up - why ?

Horrendous performance from India. There's no way we can win the World Cup with a performance like this. Our batsmen cannot score 360 every single time, Dhoni admitted as much.

Anyway - great game of cricket. Best game of the World Cup by far.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Still angry about that UDRS decision tbh. Its just going to create more fuel to the fire, and I really like the system as a whole.

India need to be alot hungrier. Hopefully they rise in the finals. I've seen them be alot better in the field than that.

FWIW, we should appreciate the great game because the fixture for the next 7 days is pure turd. MINNOWS MINNOWS MINNOWS in every match.
This scheduling, in addition to the horrible bell UDR decision-Someone needs to be shot.

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
I dont know how to react to this match, to feel gutted or relieved to be honest I am a bit of both.

When Strauss and Bell were going although I always was positive that wickets would get us back in the match was hard to see where it would come from.

But when they needed 29 from 12 balls I thought the match was ours.

In the end though we didnt lose we take our point but much needs to improve in our bowling if we are to win the cup.

If Bangladesh can make 289 and England 338 then I shudder to think what Australia or South Africa would do to our batting.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
I am happy with the result in that this is a wake-up call for India, tieing against (what I still think is a) rubbish England ODI unit.

It's obviously that our bowling needs to improve, and this game has helped emphasize that fact. And, mark my words, I still believe we will beat South Africa and top this group. And then expect to face NZL in the quarters. England batting was pretty much a one man show, and he won't click every time. Hence, I still believe they're a rubbish team for the most part, but have certainly put up a very good performance today.

EDIT: Plus, had the UDRS gone our way, this would've been our game.

You are right, it was a wake up call yet without seeing us paying the ultimate price, a loss to a poor England side in the world cup having made 338 would have been painful

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I know, hence the :p

That being said, I do think we should be the happier side, because 338 batting second away to the hosts and favourites is ****ing immense
It is.. But what I would worry about is the fact that your middle order is so bad. The other thing is, India definitely seemed to slag off a bit.. Zak bowled a magnificent yorker to Strauss but never even tried another one to someone like Yardy... Even in the last ball, we saw Dhoni signal to his fielders before the ball not to throw it and to juz hold it and give them the single.. Dunno y, I juz think this was a bad day for India and a good day for England and still it is juz a tie??????

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would have actually loved a loss here. Effigies would have been burnt, players windows would be broken and the ****s will show intensity in the field after that. Thats what happened in 2003 when they played like well fed crocodiles at the start of the WC.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Who thinks batting became easier in the 2nd innings? Bowl seemed to be not coming on the bat when India was batting.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
It is.. But what I would worry about is the fact that your middle order is so bad. The other thing is, India definitely seemed to slag off a bit.. Zak bowled a magnificent yorker to Strauss but never even tried another one to someone like Yardy... Even in the last ball, we saw Dhoni signal to his fielders before the ball not to throw it and to juz hold it and give them the single.. Dunno y, I juz think this was a bad day for India and a good day for England and still it is juz a tie??????
The main problem for England's middle order is the fact that Collingwood is past it as a batsman, yet he's undropable. I know he's still a great fielder and useful bowler, but honestly Bopara would be a better option.