• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opening ceremony

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Found it on yt if anyone's interested.

Part 1

Part 2

Watched it for captains-on-rickshaws bit (part 1, 14:14). Was fun at least. Darren Sammy cements his reputation as one of my favourite cricketers ever.
The cliff notes version: Fat old people talking, followed by fat old people singing, then some captains and rickshaws, followed by more fat old people talking.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon they should introduce rickshaw races instead of the toss. Each captain chooses the opposition puller and it's a lap of the outfield.
Disagree with the captain choosing the opposition puller. Bermuda would never win a toss.

Edit: Goddamnit i swear the above post wasn't there before :unsure:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For those that hated the opening ceremony:

1. why did you expect something better?
2. why did you keep watching?

I didn't see it so not sure if it was any good or not, but odd decision to watch for so many hours.

masterblaster

International Captain
For those that hated the opening ceremony:

1. why did you expect something better?
2. why did you keep watching?

I didn't see it so not sure if it was any good or not, but odd decision to watch for so many hours.
1. Yes I did. It's 2011 and for an International sporting body like the ICC and with so much money in the Asian subcontinent, I expected a better planned and executed Opening Ceremony.

2. It was a bit of a trainwreck and I was posting on CW so couldn't really look away. It was good in some aspects like the cultural displays but a lot of it was so pathetic that it was just funny.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I loved whatever I watched of it. It wasn't made for an International audience and basically catered toward the local audience. It was a true representation of Bangladesh and to some extent the entire subcontinent, there was no need to show something they are not.

This is Bangladesh's first international event of this scale and I think they did a very good job.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I loved whatever I watched of it. It wasn't made for an International audience and basically catered toward the local audience. It was a true representation of Bangladesh and to some extent the entire subcontinent, there was no need to show something they are not.

This is Bangladesh's first international event of this scale and I think they did a very good job.
Sonu nigam singing English songs (badly) and Bryan Adams is a representation of Bangladeshi culture? :huh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sonu nigam singing English songs (badly) and Bryan Adams is a representation of Bangladeshi culture? :huh:
Believe me or not, English is a very commonly spoken language in Bangladesh and people do listen to English songs. Yes Sonu sang poorly, so what ?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Believe me or not, English is a very commonly spoken language in Bangladesh and people do listen to English songs. Yes Sonu sang poorly, so what ?
Even if 100% of all Bangladesh speaks and listens to English songs, it's not exactly what makes up their culture is it?

They should have had more of the local artists maybe and more innovative stuff like that laser show and the rickshaws.