• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ill throw some money in my centrebet account before the cup, i havent had much luck betting on the cricket in the past, maybe its time to turn it around...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For guys who were asking for online betting sites, I did my research just over a year ago and Bet365 was comfortably the best one IMO, and that's what I've stuck with for almost 12 months now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Actually there's already a "World Cup Odds" thread here. Maybe a merge could be arranged? :)

Anyway, courtesy of the ever-faithful oddschecker here are the best available odds on the top runscorer:

Ponting 17/2
Graeme Smith 12.2/1
Tendulkar 17.4/1
Gayle 18/1
Kallis 18.5/1
Yousuf, Pietersen, Lara 22/1
Jayasuriya 23/1
Gilchrist 24/1
Sangakarra 25/1
Haddin (!!!) 26/1
de Villiers 27/1
Chanderpaul 31/1
Hussey, Ross Taylor, Ganguly 33/1
Fleming, Dravid 35/1
Younis Khan 39/1

Other notables are Collingwood @ 50/1, Michael Clarke & Inzi both @ 53/1 & 100/1 on Fred, Dhoni & McMillan.

Takes your pick, really. Jayasuriya @ 23s or Ganguly @ 33s could be the value bets if youn fancy Sri Lanka or India for the semis at least. Haddin @ 26s seems insanely tight tho with some of the other odds you can get. Once Gilly returns you wouldn't expect him to play in the latter stages.
Chanderpaul and Ganguly are must bets IMO. Gotta have a little nibble at those, considering they'll open all tournament, and hence can lay into the minnows as well.

Have no idea why Haddin is so short.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
For guys who were asking for online betting sites, I did my research just over a year ago and Bet365 was comfortably the best one IMO, and that's what I've stuck with for almost 12 months now.
Fair enough. They don't have any odds about the WC aside from group picks and the overall winner though. Any idea when top runscorer and so on will go up?

pasag

RTDAS
I'm going down to TAB today, going to open an online account there because I don't want to do it over credit card. Hope they aren't ****.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going down to TAB today, going to open an online account there because I don't want to do it over credit card. Hope they aren't ****.
Yeah, I've done that. It's pretty easy, just take some ID and a bit of money to start the account with. They'll give you login details and send you a card in the mail.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
McMillan might be worth a punt based on his current form, that said i dont know how long he can hold it for.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might put two bucks on Watson if he's going at 100+, given he'll probably open in every match now.

It'll most likely be a top three batsman who takes it. Quite like the look of Chanderpaul there, given his recent ODI form.
I'll be having ten on Watson regardless of what he's paying to be honest.

I'll certainly have a bit on Australia too - paying quite a bit now..

As you said before though, the individual match bets are the most interesting.

PY

International Coach
Australia haven't gone out much. Only 9/2 or £3.25.

Probably going to bunt some on Australia and couple of quid on SA too.
Wouldn't 9/2 be £5.50?
That's how I understood Aussie odds to work, yeah.

£3.25 would be our 9/4.
He's from Essex. Don't expect him to be able to work with fractions.
Yeah, I meant to write 9/4, South Africa are 9/2.

And sod off Neil. :p

simmy

International Regular
Guys,

Please don't use ACTUAL bookmakers.... you are literally throwing your money away.

Betfair.com is a marketplace and you will get MUCH better odds plus it offers the "lay" option which has been extremely profitable for me.

At least look at the site! It is also open for Australians now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Top wicket-taker odds, thanks to oddschecker.

Ntini 12/1
Bond 14/1
Murali, Pollock, Bracken 16/1
McGrath, Malinga, Lee 20/1
Akhtar 25/1
Vaas, Asif 28/1
Vettori, Harbhajan 33/1
Panesar, Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan, Kumble 40/1
Naved-ul-Hasan, Johnson, Pathan, Kaneria, Gul, Anderson, Flintoff, Hogg 50/1

Ntini rightly favourite, but I think some bets look much better value than others. Obviously Lee's quite appalling value with his injury & Bracken looks under-priced @ 16s too. McGrath looks to be good value tho, especially with most bookmakers paying 1/4 odds for being one of the top 4 wicket takers. Only thing that might count against him is if he rested for the minnows or if Oz qualify fir the semis early.

If England make it to the semis (big if, obv, but anyway) Fred looks decent value @ 50s or for the more maverick punters out there you can also get 66/1 on Plunkett. He might go for a few, but certainly does swing the new ball.

Interestingly (considering quite a few fancy them for the semis) no Windies bowlers are even quoted a price!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd throw a few on Jimmy there. Not paying badly and if he can stay on the park he'll take wickets. That's assuming England go a decent way into the tournament, though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Put a little down on a multi for Australia, Sri Lanka, NZ and the Windies to win their groups today. I'll hold off on any further bets until closer to the start, though.

Australia not paying that well to win still. Maybe it'll go up a little with Lee's injury.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might take a piece of Murali at 16/1 for leading wicket taker, especially since i'm expected SL to at least make the semi's if not all the way

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
bet365 annoying me tonight. They've disabled multi-bets across more than one warmup match, for some reason I can't fathom. Can't bet on Bermuda and Ireland to beat England and South Africa for instance, even though the two events are totally unconnected.

Hope they don't do that in the WC itself, or I'll have to find somewhere else to bet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd be very surprised if you couldn't put a multi on regular matches during the WC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just a few random bets I think are pretty good value if anyone is interested.

For no batsman in the World Cup to score 200 runs or more, paying 1.33. For something that has never happened in the history of ODI cricket, I reckon that's fairly generous odds. For anyone that thinks a 200 will be scored, its paying 3.25.

Any team to score 400 is paying 2.00, whereas no team to score 400 is paying 1.72.

I also find it funny that Vaughan is paying $67 to score the fastest hundred in the WC, same odds as Ross Taylor. Considering Vaughan has never crossed 3 figures in ODI cricket, I'd consider Ross Taylor a much better chance.

Some interesting bowler matches:

Jerome Taylor vs. Plunkett, Taylor paying 1.66 to Plunkett 2.10
Zaheer Khan vs. Malinga, Zaheer paying 2.10 to Malinga 1.66
Vetori vs. Panesar, 1.83 each.
Leverock vs. Botha, 1.83 each :D
Michael Clarke vs. Yuvraj, 1.83 each. Great battle lol.

Some interesting batting matches:

Ponting vs. Tendulkar, Ponting 1.57, Tendulkar 2.25
Panesar vs. McGrath :lol: Panesar 1.57, McGrath 2.25 - Not sure how much McGrath will bat in the Cup compared to Monty, good bet for Monty IMO.
Gilychrist vs. Sangakkara, Gilly paying 1.72, Sanga 2.00. Sanga is a must bet

Last edited: