• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

Woodster

International Captain
Yes, Gul for me also, think he's been outstanding during this tournament.

I felt sorry for Misbah who had batted exceptionally well, not just today, but at stages throughout the tournament, when he has led his side home. Thought he was about to replicate those performances today and played, in hindsight, an unnecessary stroke. With six needed, imo, a couple of proper strokes or one big one would have won it. I hope he is not remembered for that last shot rather than what he did for the Pakistan middle order throughout. A good solid thinking cricketer.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha just got home right now from my cricket game. But I was following the whole game on Cricinfo at school, and once India made it past the finish line, I went crazy. Words are not enough to express how happy I am atm. THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU DHONI, THANK YOU INDIA!

We've done it guys we've done it. Take a bow India take a bow!

YES!!!!! You ****ed that right up Misbah!!!! Chak da India or whatever the hell it is!
HAHAHA PERM YOU"RE MY HERO! :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It kind of takes away bragging rights, as the winning team won't always be the best one...see what I'm getting at?
In all forms of cricket this is the case though...
And I really don't see a problem with a level playing field. I don't see why one team needs to be clearly better than the others. Forgive if I'm wrong, but I always considered sports more interesting when you weren't all-but-certain as to who would win.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
MANNNNNNNN IM SOO SOO SOOOO HAPPY AND OVER THE MOON ATM! Just had to say it again :p.

Just was watching the match I recorded, done watching India's innings, and haha man I would so not have given India a chance with a total of 157. Ahh well now time to watch India's bowling.

Haha Pakistan you'll never win against us in a WC :p.

CHAKKKKK DE INDIAAAAAA :cool:.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In all forms of cricket this is the case though...
And I really don't see a problem with a level playing field. I don't see why one team needs to be clearly better than the others. Forgive if I'm wrong, but I always considered sports more interesting when you weren't all-but-certain as to who would win.
Yup, considering that every time this decade that Australia have lost a game, that's exactly what happened. His is an inane argument.

pup11

International Coach
Great win for India and they truly deserved to win this championship and who says you need a coach to do well at this level (:lol:), anyways congrats team India and Dhoni for a job well done.
Btw, purely from a cricketing perspective i felt bad for Misbah you got to give credit to him, from a hopeless situation he nearly took Pakistan to a winning situation and in the end he just played a stupid shot to get out.
Anyways was a very entertaining final but i am really glad that its over now, i am just not happy with the number of players that have got injured through this series.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Er....most people would agree I think. If you believe India were easily the better team today you are indeed far from 'neutralguy'.
that is what i have been saying to him lol he is calling himself neutral while being baise about one team...

i personally dont mind pakistan losing becasue they fought hard... until the end and there was hope and exitement and the much could go either way untill the last moment... what else we want as a cricket lover... our team can't win every single match... even Aus who i consider the best team loses sometimes...

haroon510

International 12th Man
Nobody cares about his username. Cut it out.
none of ur busines... i wasn't teplying or talking about u... next time just read and see who i am responding too... if i was replying to ur topic or if this was about u then fair enough,.... but involving in someone else conversation with such a manner is rude...

haroon510

International 12th Man
i think overall pakistani team has been a better team in this tournment than any other team... i agree they didn't play good today in the final... part of the reason was afew mistakes that they made in thier bating line up and hafeez droping that catch on the boundry line that end up being six... that six runs was the difference... if that catch was taken...... well we don't wana go to ifs and so on...

big mistake promoting karman akmal to number three... why??

i think it is team for pakistan to send hafeez packing out of the team permanently...

pakistan can do alot better than him trust me... we have got guys like yasir hameed and salman butt who can do that job better in any format of the game..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great win by India.

Pakistan played hard and Misbah was just so outstanding that it is not funny... Gul was amazing and they seem to have the ideal attack for Twenty20. I agree with whoever it was who said that Dhoni's field placings were better than Malik's. India did take a lot of singles compared to Pak and in the final analysis, it does make a difference.

Still, it was a stupid move by Dhoni to have Yousuf Pathan at the top of the order. You just don't send guys like him to open in a big game like this. Unnecessary pressure on the rest of the batting order, one feels. He is a big hitter and he could have been so useful down the order. Also, I felt he deserved another over or two.

But who cares? We finally won the finals of a big tournament and let us hope, God willing, that this is the sign of things to come, for both India and Pakistan.... Pakistan have shown great signs in this tournament and if only, they can sort out their top order, they will have a very very fine team, at least for the limited overs variety of cricket.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol... I reckon Raghav pushed you over the edge and now you have become an Indian supporter???????
Haha, nah. Never really been a fan of Pakistan, although I do support a couple of their players. Couple with India being the underdog, well there was no question who I should support IMO :p