• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
Great match though...misbah deserves a pat on the bak for at least getting them into a position to win.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
And this final win by india over Pakistan erases the bad memory of the sixer by javed miandad, which india lost.
Common World cup finals and india won against pakistan. It cannot get any better than this. I will cherish this for my life.CHAK DE INDIA.

Last edited:

Balram

Cricket Spectator
Winners of the inaugral2020 world cup, I wonder if anyone will care in 20 years, or if it'll never be forgotten. Interesting to contemplate.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well, well done to India. An absolutely magnificent victory in an enthralling game of cricket. They truley do deserve it and have played some outstanding cricket. My hats off to them.
Never expected that as Adharcric said it, but cheers mate.

Just truely happy right now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Winners of the inaugral2020 world cup, I wonder if anyone will care in 20 years, or if it'll never be forgotten. Interesting to contemplate.
Those who watched it will never forget this. Its like vintage India-Pak clash from 80s.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Yes Irfan pathan is the man of the match for his excellent bowling.Here is what pathan said
"It's a great feeling - I was under pressure, but held my nerves and bowled it in the right areas. The pitch was a bit on the slow side, but I tried to mix up the pace and throw in the odd quick one as well. All the bowlers did really well throughout the tournament, we played as a team, batted well and I think we deserved it"

Beleg

International Regular
I was sitting in the university of bradford student union pub, and for the last half an hour, the only people you could see were Indians and Pakistanis, with every ball, every wicket, every four and every six being met with a defeaning roar.

And when Misbah scooped it up in the air, all the pakistani supporters (including myself) went up in the air, only to be drowned out by the literally earth-shattering screams of the Indians as the fielder held on to the catch.

In summation, it was among the most exicting games of cricket I've had the privilage of watching.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
First Dhoni, then Irfan, then the flag, it seems everyone in the team and around is rallying around Joginder Sharma. Maybe it's because of all the severe criticism of this stockie all over the country (political connections being among the accusations thrown) that's so well-documented. While he may not be a great overnight, but those two final overs may have had a major impact on the way he'll play for some time- for now, he's found a role for himself.