• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

R_D

International Debutant
Haha, nah. Never really been a fan of Pakistan, although I do support a couple of their players. Couple with India being the underdog, well there was no question who I should support IMO :p
This is probaly been said to you many times but you were born on the wrong island mate... lol you sound so much like an aussie, should move out here already ;)

edit- I haven't seen Jono in here yet. My prediction he's too drunk and lying in the gutter outside a pub somewhere :p

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is probaly been said to you many times but you were born on the wrong island mate... lol you sound so much like an aussie, should move out here already ;)
Haha, damn right it has! How could you interpret my comments as sounding like an Australian? :unsure:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, damn right it has! How could you interpret my comments as sounding like an Australian? :unsure:
lol, even I would like to know that. Btw, fair play to both Haroon and sideshowtim... I didn't expect them to make those grateful posts that they did after India won. Hopefully, their sportiveness lasts. :)

R_D

International Debutant
always supporting the underdog and all. Aussies always like to support the underdogs in any sport ;)
Than you're liking of Gilchrist and few other things so i put it together :p

Last edited:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
lol, even I would like to know that. Btw, fair play to both Haroon and sideshowtim... I didn't expect them to make those grateful posts that they did after India won. Hopefully, their sportiveness lasts. :)
Took a whole hour to read the last few pages of this thread...it was fun really (if not funny) with these new guys (for me atleast)...

Well,we won... Cant remember last time me being so ecstatic for India...cant remember the last time the whole family watched a game like that...cant remember the last time the streets here were lit with fireworks... (and no I dont have a bad memory :D ) but the thing is it really puts things right (for once I did not care that AA did not play,haha) just wanted us to win...!!!

By the way wasn't it India at the ICC meet who voted against havin a T20 WC... and lost 9-1? Talk about irony....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Took a whole hour to read the last few pages of this thread...it was fun really (if not funny) with these new guys (for me atleast)...

Well,we won... Cant remember last time me being so ecstatic for India...cant remember the last time the whole family watched a game like that...cant remember the last time the streets here were lit with fireworks... (and no I dont have a bad memory :D ) but the thing is it really puts things right (for once I did not care that AA did not play,haha) just wanted us to win...!!!

By the way wasn't it India at the ICC meet who voted against havin a T20 WC... and lost 9-1? Talk about irony....
indeed. We all, as part of the great AAAS, have to be content that the last memory we will have of him in India colors is of him receiving the winner's medal in a World Championship.........

Even Tendulkar probably won't have it. This is why AA is great. ;) :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
indeed. We all, as part of the great AAAS, have to be content that the last memory we will have of him in India colors is of him receiving the winner's medal in a World Championship.........

Even Tendulkar probably won't have it. This is why AA is great. ;) :p
Seriously, I think Agarkar should have played yesterday's game.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Seriously, I think Agarkar should have played yesterday's game.
He's atleast better than Joginder,isn't he?

And yes... I do think it was the last time we saw him...and though I'd always knew he's career would not go the distance, it pains that he was so close to be India's highest wicket-taker in ODI's... All I wanted was ODI's to be extinct (in favour of T20) before AA....

God almost never answers your prayers... :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He's atleast better than Joginder,isn't he?

And yes... I do think it was the last time we saw him...and though I'd always knew he's career would not go the distance, it pains that he was so close to be India's highest wicket-taker in ODI's... All I wanted was ODI's to be extinct (in favour of T20) before AA....

God almost never answers your prayers... :D
Definitely. I am one of Agarkar's severest critics but prefering Joginder to him was a travesty of justice. Joginder was rewarded for the last over he bowled against Australia but lets not forget that Australia batted in a frenzy in that over because they had 22 runs to get. I doubt if Joginder would have bowled the same over if it was the 18th or Aussies would have lost two wickets to him with two more overs to go.

Yes he played his part but we can lose objectivity is seeing too much in that over.

The other thing about Dhoni's captaincy (he was fantastic on the whole) that disappointed me was the way he used the elder Pathan. Gambhir and Uthappa should have opened once Sehwag was unavailable and Yousuf could have been invaluable in the last stages. Again when bowling, he bowled a decent first over and could have been tried again particularly when Pakistan were in a bit of a strife losing quick wickets in the middle.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Definitely. I am one of Agarkar's severest critics but prefering Joginder to him was a travesty of justice. Joginder was rewarded for the last over he bowled against Australia but lets not forget that Australia batted in a frenzy in that over because they had 22 runs to get. I doubt if Joginder would have bowled the same over if it was the 18th or Aussies would have lost two wickets to him with two more overs to go.

Yes he played his part but we can lose objectivity is seeing too much in that over.

The other thing about Dhoni's captaincy (he was fantastic on the whole) that disappointed me was the way he used the elder Pathan. Gambhir and Uthappa should have opened once Sehwag was unavailable and Yousuf could have been invaluable in the last stages. Again when bowling, he bowled a decent first over and could have been tried again particularly when Pakistan were in a bit of a strife losing quick wickets in the middle.
Yeah,but I guess Dhoni however was going to use Yusuf as a part-time off-spinner as he didn't trust Joginder with four overs...but it contradicts the fact that he trusted him to give the final over in both games... Guess you can call it great captaincy or that he didn't have any other choice...not to take anything away from Dhoni though,he has been excellent and his constant remarks to enjoy the game and 'doesn't matter if we win it or not' attitude is excellent... dont know anytime any Indian captain said that,ever!

biased indian

International Coach
i think overall pakistani team has been a better team in this tournment than any other team... i agree they didn't play good today in the final...
but was not able to beat us in two games 8-)

get over it mate if not for mizbha you could have lost both the games handsomely...
and for poor mizbha ,,he ran out of ideas untill the last shot in both the games....:mellow:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah,but I guess Dhoni however was going to use Yusuf as a part-time off-spinner as he didn't trust Joginder with four overs...but it contradicts the fact that he trusted him to give the final over in both games... Guess you can call it great captaincy or that he didn't have any other choice...not to take anything away from Dhoni though,he has been excellent and his constant remarks to enjoy the game and 'doesn't matter if we win it or not' attitude is excellent... dont know anytime any Indian captain said that,ever!
Oh yes no doubt about it.

I ahd been hearing from cricketing friends about Dhoni's sound head and found it hard to swallow considering some things he tried/did atthe batting creas but I am completely converted. He is amazing.

I just hope we let him be the natural he is.

Indians, fans, media etc can spoil any good thing by too much adulation or too much criticism and it is always reserved for our best :@

biased indian

International Coach
he didnt trust jogi to ball last over.....
he did say in the aftre match press confrence that he gave it to him becuse harbhjan was finding it difficult to bowl the yorker length delivery...

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
And did every body forgot ROHIT SHARMA he has been wonderful in the last 3 matches that we played and a brillinat fielder as well.....

his 30(16) was a crucial innings..... i think that he has a great future

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was making a combined India Pakistan Twenty20 team and came up with

1. Gambhir
  2. Imran Nazir
  3. Rohit Sharma
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Misbah-ul-Haq
  6. Mohinder Dhoni (keeper and captain)
  7. Shahid Afridi
  8. Itfan Pathan
  9. Umar Gul
  10. Mohammad Asif
  11. RP Singh
  12. Shoaib Malik

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And did every body forgot ROHIT SHARMA he has been wonderful in the last 3 matches that we played and a brillinat fielder as well.....

his 30(16) was a crucial innings..... i think that he has a great future
Certainly haven't forgotten him, I remember making a comment at the end of the Indian innings about how he did a very good job. Definitely a talented player and will be a future fixture in Indian teams.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Oh yes no doubt about it.

I ahd been hearing from cricketing friends about Dhoni's sound head and found it hard to swallow considering some things he tried/did atthe batting creas but I am completely converted. He is amazing.

I just hope we let him be the natural he is.

Indians, fans, media etc can spoil any good thing by too much adulation or too much criticism and it is always reserved for our best :@
Yeah thats right....and well I just hope this team doesn't start to act like superstars again or I am going back to the 'Ignorance is Bliss' mode regarding Indian Cricket

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Certainly haven't forgotten him, I remember making a comment at the end of the Indian innings about how he did a very good job. Definitely a talented player and will be a future fixture in Indian teams.
Yeah Rohit Sharma is really good... I liked him more seeing his fielding... and by the way I just remembered about Suresh Raina, where was he,I mean was he injured or something or did they just drop him...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Rohit Sharma is really good... I liked him more seeing his fielding... and by the way I just remembered about Suresh Raina, where was he,I mean was he injured or something or did they just drop him...
Just Imagine and Indian side reading

1. Gautam Gambhir
  2. Virender Sehwag
  3. Robin Uthappa
  4. Mohd. Kaif
  5. Yuvraj Singh
  6. Raina
  7. Rohit Sharma
  8. Mohinder Dhoni
  9. Itfan Pathan
  10. Harbhajan Singh
  11. Sreesanth
  12. RP Singh

There are here some tigers in the field here and on the batting crease. Of course they have to get runs and wickets too.:)