• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe's Future?

Ur Choices?

• Total voters

brockley

International Captain
Surprised no one mentioned that here.
Their will be no zimbabwe playing in south african domestic cricket anymore,and their will be no more south africa A tours to zimbabwe either.
Leaves zimbabwe with little cricket.
BTW the ICC will meet next week to talk about zimbabwe,appaprently according to cricinfo they could be replaced by a minnow in the 20/20 world cup,interesting.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well i wanted politics and cricket to be seperate for a while but my mind's been changing slowly about this. I saw something about zimbabwe in the news too here so yeah i don't mnd them being excluded until a new president comes into power since they won.

ret

International Debutant
No problem with SA cutting cricketing ties with Zim but don't appreciate the move to stop Zim players from playing in SA as it probably hurts their chances of not only getting some competitive cricket but also earn a decent living

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well its not like they play Tests anyway, or many ODI against the top countries for that matter.

Zimbabwe won't have their Test status removed, their vote is too important to the Asian faction.

Langeveldt

Soutie
No problem with SA cutting cricketing ties with Zim but don't appreciate the move to stop Zim players from playing in SA as it probably hurts their chances of not only getting some competitive cricket but also earn a decent living
Totally agreed.. I'd like to see Zim being replaced with Namibia in our domestic competition..

jammay123

State 12th Man
so is theri a chance of england getting in a replacement nation for the early part of next summer of will england just play australia?

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
With all gates shutting down, wat could be Zimbabwe's future?

So sad so much histroy going for a waste...

Remember the Zim Legends:
1) Flower Brothers
2) H.Streak
3) A.Cambell
Many more...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's far more significant things to worry about in Zimbabwe than cricket currently.

Chubb

International Regular
With all gates shutting down, wat could be Zimbabwe's future?

So sad so much histroy going for a waste...

Remember the Zim Legends:
1) Flower Brothers
2) H.Streak
3) A.Cambell
Many more...
Well Laksh, it really comes down to whether there is going to be a change in the government of the country, because at least then the other nations could tour Zim and have Zim tour without controversy. A change in government would also (hopefully) improve the day-to-day living conditions in Zimbabwe which would make things easier for the players. But such a change is looking less and less likely now, and so I can only see a very dark time indeed ahead for Zimbabwean cricket, which has given the world of cricket so much over the years. Of course, far more importantly, a very dark time in the history of the nation and for everyone living there has begun.

brockley

International Captain
To be honest despite the asia bias on zimbabwe,i can see all nations equally calling a ban to zimbabwe cricket considering the circumstances.
The only board who would maybe waver would be the bangladesh board as bangladesh is run by a dictatorship,altho western backed dictatorship.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
what is going to happen to the individual cricketers within zimbabwe? are they going to be allowed to leave and continue to pursue cricket and a livelihood, preferably in safer conditions.

brockley

International Captain
Some of their cricketers,well the known ones are playing english league cricket or in europe.
Taibu is back home trying to set up an academy.