• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe's Future?

Ur Choices?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
More accurately, it's possible against a weak country;
No, it's definitely possible against a strong country too. The downside is that you aren't willing to take the economic hit for your moral stand. It's very easy to condemn people when you don't have anything to lose.

And no, I am not suggesting you don't take a stand against Zimbabwe, as I mentioned in an earlier post. I think they ought to be suspended.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Such as what not, more like.

China has a massive population, nuclear capability and a few other things besides. There's no knowing exactly what would happen if someone were to basically stick the fingers up to them. It might turn-out to be nothing major. But equally, it might turn-out to be seriously catastrophic.

Fortunately, no-one is silly enough to try it and see.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Chingoka urges the board not to make a political decision

I can't believe he is claimning that ZC is an apolitical organization. Hell, even the PCB and BCCI (to a lesser extent) are political.
Again - why is this suprising? We've heard the claptrap ZC come-out with day after day for many, many years now. I'd be more surprised in the event they said something that made sense than when they come-out with stuff along these lines.

Honestly - barely even worth a comment. Just a nod of the head and a "that crap again".

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am embarrassed to be an Indian fan with this occurring. Disgusting.
Why? The BCCI don't represent Indian people, they represent their own interests. Any reasonable non Indian would be able to see this and not tar all Indians with that brush.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I don't often say this, but well done to Gordon Brown for finally giving the ECB and the players the governmental backing that they needed five years ago, it is a shame the things that have had to happen in recent weeks to get people to finally sit up and do something about ZImbabwe (talking on a much wider scale than cricket here).

Am I missing something though? I thought it was an 8-2 result against Zim needed to remove them...who is the 3rd likely voter?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And pretty silly to try and be mighty when a) it'd do little good and b) it'd do you quite a bit of harm.
The only difference between that and Zimbabwe is b), since its not going to do very much good anyway, which in turn is precisely my point. People are acting moral when it suits them. That doesn't make the action any less good though, therefore it should continue.

R_D

International Debutant
TBF, it's easier to be moral against a weak country. How many countries are boycotting China?

In any case, I do think Zimbabwe should be suspended much like SA were, but let's not pretend its anything more than what it is here.
ha.. just what i was going to say.

I'd like BCCI nto to support Zimb.. but i don't really see it happening.

brockley

International Captain
FICA to have players ban of zimbabwe,if icc vote fails,see online telegaph.
BTW what are the FICA members.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
TBF, it's easier to be moral against a weak country. How many countries are boycotting China?

In any case, I do think Zimbabwe should be suspended much like SA were, but let's not pretend its anything more than what it is here.
But the situation in the 2 countries aren't the same. Zimbabwe is like a disaster while china is becoming a superpower. Yeah there's human rights violation in both but zimbabwe's has reached an extreme level.

pasag

RTDAS
More accurately, it's possible against a weak country; it's extremely stupid against a more powerful one.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to exploit the weakness of an abhorrant regime. No-one should ever take the attitude that "they've no right moralising over Zimbabwe because they don't over China". Utterly idiotic.
Taking a moral stand against China risks more than even an economic hit.
Such as what not, more like.

China has a massive population, nuclear capability and a few other things besides. There's no knowing exactly what would happen if someone were to basically stick the fingers up to them. It might turn-out to be nothing major. But equally, it might turn-out to be seriously catastrophic.

Fortunately, no-one is silly enough to try it and see.
Well - probably not. There are things it probably would cause, and none of them is exactly a pleasant prospect, however.
Haha, you have the strangest opinions sometimes. Silentstriker is spot on here. You don't just take action when it suits you or when it's easy.