• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe in CWLand

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Blewy said:
Maybe so but you can only play whats put in front of you!!!
yes, exactly....and congratulations on leading your team to win again!

congrats CW XI

Slats4ever

Neil Pickup said:
3.8 an over is not great economy against that lot!
what are you trying to prove??? that if you were playing the economy rate would be less?

The two main comments from you since our resounding wins haven't been overly positive, especially from a team mate.

First of all we won because they were easy beats, second time around we won but it wasn't really that good!!!

What sort've message are you trying to send out to us...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That they really should be skittled for less than 179... less than 120 if we're honest.

I have no interest in what my performances may have been, I am disappointed in the way people have treated these games as if moderate victories are achievements. They should be getting utterly mullered.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Neils rite i coulda taken a 5fer against them.... bit upset about my own batting after the first game having a S/R of 400 then in the next its 45 pfffft.... and a few birthday wikits for DAVE at a LOW eco rate

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah Ian, dont worry about Neil, he's just a sh*t stirrer.

But if he really wishes too, if he doesnt think 3.8 is a acceptable econ against Zimbabwe, ill gladly step down and vacate my position, and let someone else have a shot at them.

Christ, sorry I was even bloody selected.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Righto guys lets ignore the comments from the outside...

Lets concentrate on what we have ahead of us... Alot of you have a chance to push for a permanent spot in this side.. All we need to do is concentrate...

Slats4ever

agreed! and winning games like we're doing is what we have to do to prove ourselves as players who belong in this side. lets keep on winning and those who left themeselves on the outter this tournament might find themselves on the outter in the future... but not by their own choice...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats what all the newcomers should be aiming for...

There is a chance to cement a permanent spot if your performances warrant it...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dave, that weren't aimed at you :p

It was a reference to the Zimbabwe run rate over the whole innings being 3.80 (which I now realise it wasn't, it was 3.58, my maths isn't switched on)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Fair enough, I take it back, as i've said on MSN, I was the only bowler with econ of 3.80, assuming it was aimed at me!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I apologise unreservedly for any offence taken from my comments.

To clear it up - my comments were solely based on this: "The bowlers then did what was expected of them, wickets at regular intervals and great economy."

Bloody media, taking everything out of proportion!

cbuts

International Debutant
niel we all know ur views on this tour. youve made them pretty clear. y dont u just end it know, and stop trying to cause problems

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
not happy with my performance but i was happy with the opening partnership with cloete, got us of to a good start at more than a run a ball. well done to marc for his man of the match and well done to broadbent and dave for solid figures, doesnt matter who the opposition is, bangladesh have won some games so!!!!!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Top notch CWXI.. a win is a win.. and it all adds up to the rankings.. Great effort from everyone.. and dont let things around you unsettle the mind , keep positive and battle on !

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
interesting bowling attack did the job for us, keep it up fellas, gr8 batting also.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe vs Cricket Web XI at the CWBCC Stadium
3rd ODI

Pitch: Flat and perfect for batting
Toss: CW XI, bat

CW XI
Cloete
Bugssy
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Ian Markus
Marc71178
C Buts
Blewy (C)
Dave
David Jr.
Chris Broadbent
A Massive Zebra - ODI debut

12th Man: Rob Timewell

Zimbabwe
V Sibanda
BRM Taylor
S Matsikenyeri
DD Ebrahim
T Taibu (C)
E Chigumbura
T Panyangara
A Maregwede (wk)
W Mwayenga
DT Hondo
ER Rainsford

12th Man: P Utseya

CRICKET WEB XI 264/5 50.0 overs
ZIMBABWE 237/9 50.0 overs

Cricket Web XI won by 27 runs

Man of the match: Marc71178

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daily Blast Comment: Marc pushes a claim for Man of Series with his second consecutive Man of the Match award. More allround sparks from the Reds skipper in this game, as the CW XI recovered nicely from 57/3 to a fairly comfortable end victory. Still a good effort by the Zimbabweans when the Cricket Web bowling got a bit ragged late.

Attachments

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Top all round effort marc.. and good win again CWXI ! middle order showed great patience and flair to get us to a very respective total..

ash chaulk

International Captain
Well done Marc-e boi.. and zebra gets a wicket on debut clap clap.

and me moved up the order to fail aww. but the middle order was superb

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
great batting... bowling needed to be a bit better, but it did the job and thats what counts!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Nice recovery guys, Ian Markus, top stuff as usual from you sharing a century stand with our domestic captain, Marc. Buts and Blewy did a great job to see us home Well done for that you 2.

Broadbent is showing huge potential so far, he really is churning out some good bowling performances. Marc and Buts did their job as support bowlers. Personally it was an OK game, Still a bit too expensive, but hey, we're all on the improve.