• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe vs Cricket Web XI at the CW Oval
5th ODI

Pitch: Great conditions for batting - even bounce and easy pace.
Toss: Zimbabwe, bat

CW XI
Cloete
Ian Markus
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Marc71178
C Buts
Bugssy
Blewy (C)
David Jr.
Rob Timewell
Chris Broadbent
A Massive Zebra

12th Man: Lo' Darkness

Zimbabwe
V Sibanda
BRM Taylor
DD Ebrahim
T Taibu (C)
S Matsikenyeri
E Chigumbura
T Panyangara
A Maregwede (wk)
W Mwayenga
P Utseya
ER Rainsford

12th Man: DT Hondo

ZIMBABWE 233 49.1 overs
CRICKET WEB XI 234/3 43.0 overs

Cricket Web XI won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Ian Markus

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daily Blast Comment: Not the sharpest of bowling performances, but some more than efficient batting made up for it in the completion of a 5-0 whitewash. Bugssy was definitely the pick of the bowlers, but Rob Timewell was also outstanding before falling away in his 2nd and 3rd spells. Chasing was never really a problem and Ian Markus played the highlight knock of a 7-wicket win with a second career ODI fifty and a highest score. He was unfortunate to fall short of his century, but that just allowed Marc and C Buts to get some more comfortable runs under their names.

Attachments

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
A good way to finish the series guys. and one that was a very eenjoyable. It was geat to finish the series off in that way with some serious runs under my name, to keep my name in the selectors minds in future. Buggsy's performance with the ball also shouldn't go unnoticed, as well as the fine batting display by everyone else.

We've had our knockers on this tour, saying it was a waste of time but it was good for cricket eventually, and the more games the merrier I say. To maintain focus throughout this series and to do it in a 5-0 fashion was great.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Job done.

Now get them, and their delegation, out of the country.
Don't forget the special banquet for players and managers to celebrate Zimbabwe's re-inclusion into the world of cricket...or some similar rubbish...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good stuff guys, every one chipped in all series and we dominated

happy with my 4 wickets

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Series Averages

There are two clear contenders for Man of the Series IMO:

Chris Broadbent and Marc71178

Chris took 12 wickets in 5 matches.
Marc scored 193 runs and took 5 wickets in the same number of games.

Personally I think it has to be Marc. 3 Man of the Match awards in 5 games is amazing.

Attachments

Cloete

International Captain
actually I think i was more consistent. We both had the same amount of innings. But I hit more 50's and more runs. Also my highest score was only 51, that means I consistently hit mroe runs that him. My other two innings were a 40 and a 30 or so...So I was more consistent.

Having said that.. it has to be Marc for player of the series! :p

Cloete

International Captain
hopefully there's some tests coming up.I know we're gonna have to start getting some new blood through, especially with the looming retirements of Eclipse and Toogood. And given our overall performance in tests hasn't been too crash hot.