• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your solution to the BCCI - ICL standoff?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
IMO the best way forward is to completely seperate all Twenty20 leagues from the existing domestic structure.

You have the IPL in India and the subcontinent, the EPL in England, Stanford 20/20 in the Carribean and an 8 team tournament in the Southern Hemisphere between 3 SA franchises, 3 Australian and 2 from New Zealand.

Create a window for each tournament, but players can only play in 1 competition, much like football.

Scrap all T20Is outwith the World Championship.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I agree with this part:

Right now, my suggestion would be to dismantle the ICC, and give the reins to BCCI. That might sound incredulous to many, however in the longer run, it would ensure that the biggest player has both the authority as well the responsibility.

Precambrian

Banned
I agree with this part:

Right now, my suggestion would be to dismantle the ICC, and give the reins to BCCI. That might sound incredulous to many, however in the longer run, it would ensure that the biggest player has both the authority as well the responsibility.
Your's truly. :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, that's what the IPL is. It's based on cities rather than typical cricket teams, and is the feeder to an international inter-city competition, and also in itself involves many international players.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Should make ICL a State tournament & IPL City Tournament:

IPL:
Chennai
Hyderabad
Mumbai
Delhi
Jaipur
Chandigarh
Kolkata
Bangalore
Etc, Etc...

ICL:
Andhra
Tamil Nadu
Maharastra
Rajasthan
Punjab
Bengal
Uttar Pradesh
Karnataka
Etc, Etc...

Just giving my opinion. How would it be?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I agree with this part:

LOL, can you imagine? :laugh:

Whether many in the BCCI and the fandom like to admit it or not, the English and Australian cricket boards are run a million times better than the BCCI, with much less politics, corruption and shady deals - they actually do what they think is best for cricket, which does not happen in India. Not that ICC isn't a joke, but it would be hilarious with BCCI literally running it.

Precambrian

Banned
LOL, can you imagine? :laugh:

Whether many in the BCCI and the fandom like to admit it or not, the English and Australian cricket boards are run a million times better than the BCCI, with much less politics, corruption and shady deals - they actually do what they think is best for cricket, which does not happen in India. Not that ICC isn't a joke, but it would be hilarious with BCCI literally running it.
Well, getting full powers will make them more responsible.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whether many in the BCCI and the fandom like to admit it or not, the English and Australian cricket boards are run a million times better than the BCCI, with much less politics, corruption and shady deals - they actually do what they think is best for cricket, which does not happen in India.
Well, more often than not, yes, but there's still plenty of utter hopelessness in the ECB's dealings, and far too often things are attempted to be brushed under the carpet, and opportunities are not fully maximised. As Andrew Miller said to Matthew Engel in 2006, it's frightening to think that the ECB is one of the better Cricket Boards out there.

Not really in much of a position to comment on the ACB's foibles or otherwise. Certainly I've never noticed anything major, not like I have with the ECB, but perhaps I would've if I lived in Australia.