• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your gutsy calls for 2019

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I don't think SL could beat a state 2nd XI in Aus tbh (actually not exaggerating), let alone an Aus A side (I have a feeling at least a few of the bowlers will be rested, or "sore" for the SL series)
If be ropeable if I was forcibly rested as a bowler against Sri Lanka at home.

Spark

Global Moderator
Will be in Australia I assume, no reason for it to be in the UAE again given we went there last year.

That is pathetic kneejerking though (from halba). Especially when you add Warner and Smith to the side. Ashes will be lost but the bowling is good enough and England's batting weak enough to win at least a Test there. Sri Lanka are trash away from home as you said, so are Pakistan.
i mean, have you seen halba's posting of late?

Spark

Global Moderator
If be ropeable if I was forcibly rested as a bowler against Sri Lanka at home.
i'd definitely consider resting one of hazlewood or starc tbh. there's a bunch of good reasons to do it, not all directly related to workload.

Spark

Global Moderator
Once again, for whom?
pattinson or richardson.

dropping isn't the best way to put it, because the intention should be that they're still first choice over the medium term. but they do need a bit more competition than they're getting, and the only real way they'll really feel said competition is if said competitors get some games.

the big bambino

International Captain
Would not have Pattinson in the side, especially if its a 4 man attack. But he'd probably be a better AR choice than Mitch Marsh. Paine could go to six to allow 7-11 to be Pattinson, Cummins, Starc, Lyon and Haze.

Gnske

Jhye Richardson debuting seems the selector choice for the SL series, muh 3 formats and all that with a WC coming

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Jhye Richardson is a decent option actually, like his skiddy pace and aggression. Still young and fairly raw, but the consistency of his lines has improved a fair bit compared to 12-18 months ago. Prefer him to guys like Boland/Mennie/Tremain, quality first class bowlers but probably lack a bit of cutting edge compared to the current attack.

As for Patto, I'm just hoping he's fit and firing for the Ashes

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jhye Richardson is a decent option actually, like his skiddy pace and aggression. Still young and fairly raw, but the consistency of his lines has improved a fair bit compared to 12-18 months ago. Prefer him to guys like Boland/Mennie/Tremain, quality first class bowlers but probably lack a bit of cutting edge compared to the current attack.

As for Patto, I'm just hoping he's fit and firing for the Ashes
Boland and Mennie, agreed, I don't expect much from them. I think Tremain could potentially have something to offer though, with the red ball.

stephen

Bird should definitely be in the equation as well. He's experienced but is in actual form unlike Peter "took a few county wickets but am 4th choice for Victoria" Siddle.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Boland and Mennie, agreed, I don't expect much from them. I think Tremain could potentially have something to offer though, with the red ball.
Perhaps, but I wouldn't take him over any of the current attack. His absolute best is probably test class, but there are also times when he seems to be lacking a bit of rhythm through his action and can drift legside

Son Of Coco

That was my thinking, we win ashes he goes past 600 wickets in his time left and probably calls it a day. May carry on if not reached 600 though so knighthood will have to wait.

On a side note, I thought last night that it was about time it was Sir Glen McGrath, not just for being one of the greatest bowlers ever but for the incredible charity work since.
I'm not sure Glenn meets the criteria. Has he scored at least 7 runs in a winning Ashes series?

Burgey

no test wins for australia in 2019

SL 2 tests - australia no wins
ashes 5 tests - australia no wins
pakis 2 tests - australia no wins
new zealand 1 test- australia no win.

total 10 tests- australia wins 0/10.
Australia will win the Ashes. It’ll be bizarro but they will. They’ll play Renshaw and Warner up front, bat Khawaja three and Smith four. The three lefties will nullify Clouderson enough for Smith to cash in before both SMarsh brothers (automatic picks obviously) come in and add nothing before Paine and the bowlers make enough for them to bowl to.

Burgey

Knighthoods aren't a thing anymore in Australia. He does have the Order of Australia which is similar in prestige.
Far more prestigious tbh.

Remember when Abbott was PM and brought knighthoods back before awarding one to Prince Phillip?

What a time to be alive.

stephen

Far more prestigious tbh.

Remember when Abbott was PM and brought knighthoods back before awarding one to Prince Phillip?

What a time to be alive.
I don't know how anyone could have not only done that but made it their first act of office. It was truly bizarre and almost as bad as Langer's leadership.