• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite nobodies

cnerd123

likes this
Manoj Tiwari, Rajat Bhatia and Jalaj Saxena
This reminds me - Siddharth Trivedi was such a gun for RR in the first few seasons.

Copped a 1 year ban for not reporting an approach by a bookie, which was pretty disappointing. Not as bad as fixing, but still pretty bad.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil Kumble. Just seemed like a decent bloke, despite being very obviously mediocre.
Yeah, a spinner who couldn't really spin the ball. Then again so was Shahid Afridi and good old Anil took many more wickets than him.

cnerd123

likes this
Good player, good bloke.
was heavily involved with HK cricket for a while. Currently head coach for UAE.

I heard a story that he was offered the position of CEO of HK Cricket a long time ago, and he was will to accept it, on the condition that he remains based in India. He allegedly agreed to no salary, but wanted commission on all the sponsorship money he brought in.

He did not get the job.

Flem274*

123/5
This reminds me - Siddharth Trivedi was such a gun for RR in the first few seasons.

Copped a 1 year ban for not reporting an approach by a bookie, which was pretty disappointing. Not as bad as fixing, but still pretty bad.
icc h4x player iirc

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Used to like watching Craig Spearman bat, his off-drives and timing were a treat when he got it right which was all too rare for NZ unfortunately. I think Glenn Turner put the idea in his head that he was supposed to be slam-bang one-day opener (he was looking to emulate the Greatbatch/Latham 1992 WC blueprint when he went for Spearman and Astle as an opening combo). Ended up with a terrible international record, but on the India tour of 1999 showed a different side to him when he ground it out against Kumble and Harbhajan in the test series, helped NZ achieve two very creditable draws.

NZ fans seemed to regard him either as complete crap or a wasted talent, would go for the latter. Had some success with Gloucestershire later on so not totally lost to the cricketing world.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Heard he took/asked for bribes in ranji selections like 10 years back from a friend who appeared for TN selection.
Attended a wedding in Pondicherry last year and he happened to be at the same venue. Chatted with him for a few minutes and he came across as a good down-to-earth chap for the most part, spoke very highly of his time with the Mumbai Indians. Very dismissive of Tamil Nadu and TNCA though, wonder if there's a lot more to that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah he was from the AC Muthaiah era and I guess with Srini mama, if you are not with him, you are against him. :laugh:

Engle

State Vice-Captain
The concept of ‘nobodiness‘ is key to a retired cricketer’s relationships:

At a match celebrating Guyana Independence Day, people lined up outside the players tents to get autographs of Clive Lloyd, Lance Gibbs, Colin Croft. But they ignored Basil Butcher, who kept lamenting “ Doesn’t anyone want my autograph ? “ . People looked at him quizzically not knowing who he was.

“ Nobodiness “ may not get you autographs or attention, but at least you can walk the streets free from bother.

Mike5181

International Captain
david houpapa and luke vivian were fun
Luke Vivian is a good one. I remember in the early days of T20 he hit a quickfire 50 odd and the commentators were keen on looking at him in internationals. Seemed to disappear pretty quickly after that though.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Pankaj Singh. Made a name for himself in an India A team tour to Kenya. Made a few squad selections. I rooted for him and Sri Lanka's Nuwan Kulasekara to make it big, and Kulasekara did a hell of a lot more.