• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite FIVE Cricketers

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
*Blows dust*

Stuck in the archives for 8 long years..

Charles Macartney
Keith Miller
Nick Compton
Mike Procter
Stanley Jackson

Debris

International 12th Man
In chronological order, each of these was my favourite test player.

Rick Darling
Peter Toohey
Doug Walters
Mark Taylor
Glenn McGrath

I will admit that my judgement wasn't great as a youngster and there was a period in the 80s where I hated all test cricketers. I have really liked some overseas players at times but not enough to call them my favourite player.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Favourite five I've seen (given me the most viewing pleasure purely as cricketers):

Shane Warne

Viv Richards

Joel Garner

Mark Waugh

Brian Lara/ Adam Gilchrist

Favourite five from history (based on what I've heard/read)

Neil Harvey

George Headley

Wally Hammond

Arthur Mailey/Clarrie Grimmett

Doug Walters

uvelocity

International Coach
i've really got too many but hmmmm

geoff marsh
terry alderman
glenn mcgrath
adam gilchrist
curtly ambrose

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Favourite five I've seen;

Shakib Al Hasan
AB De Villiers
Brian Lara
Jacques Kallis
Dale Steyn

Last edited:

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Just a really big fan of his work tbh. One of the first Tests I watched all the way through on TV was his debut when he got 8 in the match against us.

I imagine he must be hugely frustrating when he's playing (or not playing) for the team you support but seeing as I'm a Kiwi I don't really care how he performs for Pakistan. Just love the way he bowls.

smash84

The Tiger King
damn.....Sami would be overjoyed to know he has some fans somewhere in the world.....even if not at home