• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favorite batsman to watch bat!!!

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
your favorite batsman to watch bat!!

For me

Lara
Quinton de kock
Saeed Anwar
VIRAT KOHLI
Sachin Tendulkar

tony p

First Class Debutant
Laxman, as an Aussie i didn't care if he made mountains of runs against us, i just loved watching him.

A few dour left-handed openers I loved watching, don't know why, I just did?
Gary Kirsten
Mark Richardson
Andrew Strauss

And growing up, ALLAN BORDER, my hero, never missed an innings of his.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think I should categorize various styles which I've all enjoyed watching at various points:

All-out aggression, #intent - Gilchrist, McCullum

Wristy, but classical strokeplay - Laxman, Lara

Pure innovative genius - AB de Villiers

Technical perfection - Tendulkar, Williamson, Babar Azam

Power and audacity - Pietersen, Kohli, Gayle, Ponting

Effortless elegance - Damien Martyn

JBMAC

State Captain
Don Bradman, Peter May, Colin Cowdrey(Snr), Ken Barrington, Greg Chappell, David Gower,Norm O'Neill, Barry Richards, Neil Harvey,Mark Waugh, Steve Smith.

There an eleven of the finest stroke makers I have ever seen in our game.

TheJediBrah

Steve Smith, Shiv Chanderpaul, Simon Katich

love that open, back and across the crease style

Ashwell Prince too

Daemon

KP
Lara
Viv
Kohli
Gayle (dont @ me)
Ponting

Can't really get into the old timey players mainly because of the FPS issues and how unbalanced they looked at the crease.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Relatively attacking batsmen : Martyn, Lara, Azharuddin, Anwar, Pietersen, Sangakkara, Yousuf, Aravinda

Slow scoring but good to watch : Dravid, Hashan tillakaratne, Graham Thorpe

****e but elegant : Darren Ganga, Carl Hooper, Imran nazir

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
For comic ineptitude, it has to be Chris Martin. Courtney Walsh and Jasprit Bumrah would be somewhere close as well.

Laxmipati Balaji had a fascinating smile every time he batted.

Burgey

your favorite batsman to watch bat!!

For me

Lara
Quinton de kock
Saeed Anwar
VIRAT KOHLI
Sachin Tendulkar
Is Virat in all caps because he’s changed his name to All Caps Kohli or is it just you bumped the caps lock button?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Always enjoy watching the best of the best, so Viv Richards, Barry Richards, Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, and currently Steve Smith.

A bit of a wild card from my youth would be Tony Greig. At that time England didn't produce great batsman. Geoff Boycott was really the only one and he was missing for over half of Greig's tenure. Greig is also overlooked in most allrounder discussions, but while he was no Sobers, Kallis or Botham, he was a class batsman and a good fourth seamer - plus he bowled off cutters on occasions, most noticeable winning a Test in the West Indies.