• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best moment.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
A cup match, I scored 22 to win the game and broke my bat in the process. I was always number 11 before but could bat and I was six this game and proved myself well. It was in a good run for me of 39, 27, 24*, 22* and 15*.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesus christ Bugssy, what level do you play at?
mate i played 2nd grade in the Sydney grade comp which is one level of state. but i played state in u15's, u17's and u19's.......

Sydney grade comp is a quality standard mate. all the Australian players when not playing for there states will play for the grade clubs in 1st grade so...

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
My three greatest moments:

1. Debut for our evening league team, captain put me in at no. 3. In in the 3rd ball of the match. I hit 86 off 35 balls. The weekend before i hit my first six and then in this game i hit 5 sixes in a row, brought up my 50 with a straight six(h).

2. We'd won the junior league and seen as there was lots of teams spread over a wide area they split it into north and south division. We'd won the north division and then thr was a big break before the play-off about 2 months. So the week before we played it we arranged a friendly warm up match against our 1st team adults (with a few of the 2nd teamers). It was a 30 over game n we had to retire at 35 i hit 35* off exactly 35 balls. We made around 150/160ish i think. I came on first change and bowled 5 overs for 30 and got 4 wickets then i was taken off when i could still bowl one more over (6 overs per bowler) and denied my five for.

3. A week later after the warm up game it was the final between Birstwith and Great Ouseburn we batted first made 156, i retired on 35* and got one wicket. They needed 4 off the last ball and only got 2, thus meaning we won the league.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
- Taking the last two wickets when we played against Newcastle in the NSW Country thing in Dubbo when we won by 13 runs.

- Hitting Bevan in the nuts.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
My three greatest moments:

1. Debut for our evening league team, captain put me in at no. 3. In in the 3rd ball of the match. I hit 86 off 35 balls. The weekend before i hit my first six and then in this game i hit 5 sixes in a row, brought up my 50 with a straight six(h).

2. We'd won the junior league and seen as there was lots of teams spread over a wide area they split it into north and south division. We'd won the north division and then thr was a big break before the play-off about 2 months. So the week before we played it we arranged a friendly warm up match against our 1st team adults (with a few of the 2nd teamers). It was a 30 over game n we had to retire at 35 i hit 35* off exactly 35 balls. We made around 150/160ish i think. I came on first change and bowled 5 overs for 30 and got 4 wickets then i was taken off when i could still bowl one more over (6 overs per bowler) and denied my five for.

3. A week later after the warm up game it was the final between Birstwith and Great Ouseburn we batted first made 156, i retired on 35* and got one wicket. They needed 4 off the last ball and only got 2, thus meaning we won the league.
I live near Harrogate, what team do you play for?

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Best:Team needed 100 runs off the last 9 overs of a match against a local rival who were top of the league. I scored 46* and th eother batsmen 53*, that was probably the highlight. I also once took 4 wickets in an over, for 0.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My best moment would have to be taking a ripper of a catch on a hattrick ball.

My first century in club cricket (under 12's or 14;s) was also gun. 105 off 72 balls,

primey007

Cricket Spectator
8 overs, 4 maidens, 11 runs, 4 wickets. This happened about 6 weeks ago. My best performance for the 1's.

102* off 84 balls, having taken 20 balls to get off the mark. That was last season.

Leading 6 hitter 3 seasons on the trot. I've calmed down this season as well :P

primey007

Cricket Spectator
8 overs, 4 maidens, 11 runs, 4 wickets. This happened about 6 weeks ago. My best performance for the 1's.

102* off 84 balls, having taken 20 balls to get off the mark. That was last season.

Leading 6 hitter 3 seasons on the trot. I've calmed down this season as well :P
+ Golden Duck today, facing the hat trick ball. Credit to the bowler, it was a jaffer that nipped away and took the edge :(

Treeny

Cricket Spectator
My best ever moment was in my 3rd ever match ( this is my first season as a cricketer) for the U 13's but iv took a leap up to U15 now. I was opeing the bowling in this game the pitch wasnt doing anything and was very slow, i bowled the first ball and nearly caught the edge, 2nd ball was Lbw appeal not out then i took 2 in 2 balls and the Hat trick was just blocked off by the batsmen and i got a double wicket maiden, i finished with figures of
3-1-5-3.

Iv only ever made 1 rwal contribution with the bat i hit 23 agianst some team from the year above, 23 at my level is considered as a good score. I also got a wicket in this match in my only over, a brilliantly caught and bowled haha well it came straight ot me but i added a dive.

I was also quite prud of my self when i one the most improved cricketer award.

aaron53

Cricket Spectator
My best moment would have to be last season in the U/15s making 50* in 3 consecutive games opening batting.
Won Allrounder award that season as well.

Last edited:

goodie

Cricket Spectator
my best moment would have to be coming into bat in a game where we were 2-376. one opening bat made 75 the other made 130 odd. i came in and the batsmen at the other end was on 149* there was only 2 balls to go but i manage to push a single to put jase on strike. he managed to hit a 4 off the last ball of the day to make 153* that is my proudest moment ever getting that guy there and it it always will be.

bond21

Banned
best moment easily was playing for Darling Downs rep team, getting 5-25 and bowling out a gun batsman who plays for QLD U17s.

More recently was scoring a century and getting a hat trick.

DJellett

International Debutant
BEST + WORST MOMENT

caught on the boundary, by a 10 year old in Under 16's, for 99
also this weekend, against the best side in A2, battling to make 41

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Best: making my first (and only) half century in under 10's and remaining not out to get 58 off 33 balls

Langeveldt

Soutie
Best
Flaying 83* at number 8, after hearing the coach muttering how I couldn't bat.. Still got a rocket for not waving my bat at 50..

Worst
Deciding to give up legspin after bowling 2 bouncers infront of 250 people..

Last edited:

Doug Sob

Cricket Spectator
Best: Being warned for bowling too many bouncers - bowling off-spin.
Worst: Carried my bat for 16 in a 40 over one day match.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Best: taking 6/17 in 7 for the second team to almost win us the game.

worst: had a few ducks, dropped a few catches, but that's about it.