• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You were WRONG on the Polls !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can't understand what this fuss is all about.India were rusty in the field
I know, I mean they hadn't played for almost a week, it's no wonder they were rusty! I do hope the Zimbabweans (who hadn't played competitively for months) weren't too rusty as well!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
[I know, I mean they hadn't played for almost a week, it's no wonder they were rusty! I do hope the Zimbabweans (who hadn't played competitively for months) weren't too rusty as well!
Yup Kaif,Yuvraj,Nehra & Mongia were indeed playing after just a week, same goes for Dravid as a keeper!

:rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
[I know, I mean they hadn't played for almost a week, it's no wonder they were rusty! I do hope the Zimbabweans (who hadn't played competitively for months) weren't too rusty as well!
Yup Kaif,Yuvraj,Nehra & Mongia were indeed playing after just a week, same goes for Dravid as a keeper!

:rolleyes:
But the team as awhole has been playing recently. When did Zimbabwe last play International Cricket before today?

Think about it, and tell us how you can blame the near-defeat on rustiness!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And scraping past the worst of the "Big Nine" is hardly a great performance from the "Second Best Team in the World" is it?
I thought England was the worst of the lot :O
So considering the last series between England and India in both ODI and tests were draws, that doesn't say a lot for India does it?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
[quoteBut the team as awhole has been playing recently. When did Zimbabwe last play International Cricket before today?

Think about it, and tell us how you can blame the near-defeat on rustiness! [/quote]

Blame about what?? India won the match,in onedayers the matches are often close which u are unaware of.I just observed some Indian Cric in the field who seems to be lethargic and said that since some of them have come after a layoff therefore they were somewhat down.All this talk of near defeat is a load of bull!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
[/quote]
So considering the last series between England and India in both ODI and tests were draws, that doesn't say a lot for India does it? [/quote]

Again the kid is mixed up b/w two formats of cricket.

In onedayers(which we are talking about)India defeated Eng In Eng the last time they met.U can talk about near defeats and match being close,but the bottom line is thatIndia gave England the boot :D

Kimbo

International Debutant
gee boy... don't take it too personally...

you just keep telling yourself that india is the greatest :P

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
This is tiresome, will we have to live thorugh this every time india win one......... :undecided:

masterblaster

International Captain
Looks like my last post on over the top indian supporters didnt work.

Some people are try hards and try hard to be patriotic, but yet end up looking like donkeys. DONT JINX INDIA YOU PEOPLE PLEASE!!

Some Sanity is needed! The greatest supporter is who can see both sides of the coin, praise when they deserve it and criticise when they deserve it.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Well, Aussie is looking darn good. Just saw them finish off NZ easily (despite shane bonds batting ability). They do look impressive... The commentators hit the nail on the head when they said its about intensity right now. Aussie has full on intensity, they have set the benchmark, its up to the other teams to match them.
I am hoping Sri Lanka will take them out, I reckon they have a fairly good chance on home turf.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Australia seeming most impressive at the minute, however there's still plenty of cricket to be played.

And as for England being worse than Zimbabwe. Last ODI Series (in Zimbabwe) was 5-0.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So considering the last series between England and India in both ODI and tests were draws, that doesn't say a lot for India does it? [/quote]

Again the kid is mixed up b/w two formats of cricket.

In onedayers(which we are talking about)India defeated Eng In Eng the last time they met.U can talk about near defeats and match being close,but the bottom line is thatIndia gave England the boot :D [/quote]

No, the last series between England and India was in early 2002 in India. It finished 3 games apiece, which where I come from is known as a DRAW!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
[quoteBut the team as awhole has been playing recently. When did Zimbabwe last play International Cricket before today?

Think about it, and tell us how you can blame the near-defeat on rustiness!
Blame about what?? India won the match,in onedayers the matches are often close which u are unaware of.I just observed some Indian Cric in the field who seems to be lethargic and said that since some of them have come after a layoff therefore they were somewhat down.All this talk of near defeat is a load of bull!

[/quote]

You were trying to use rustiness as an excuse for a not exceptional performance - you cannot use that sort of excuse when the other team have been a lot longer without a game.