• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You were WRONG on the Polls !

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
So if you took 6 out of the India squad would you expect that the replacements would be exactly the same in terms of ability?
No they won't have the same ability as they are different players with different sets of abilities, but if you take out five or six players out of a team of 15, its still more or less the same team with some members out.There is no gurantee that all of those six would have made the eleven and so the mathematics of it says that the team is more or less the same.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Marc and Neil

I came here today because I had time, and happened to follow the game, and popped in. Chances are, others may also have done the same.

You two have to get your priorities right. I have very less respect for such poor losers. Much better are those who come here to celebrate a victory. Grow up.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
OK fellows here's something you can do

I got a task for you:
count the posts that Marc writes that don't have an " If " in it :)

If we make a stat like he does so often, you'd find the 'hit rate' dip dramatically whenever England has been handed a defeat :lol

Marc and Neil, I'm probably of the same age as you two or maybe lesser. However, here's a piece of advice::

If you are like most people in the world, you have enough things to worry about (if you don't yet, you'll find them soon!). So quit taking the burden of the rest of us along with you.

If you are so 'tired of' of posters here, why do you continue to talk to them (us)?
When I am tired of certain people, I stop noticing they exist- lesser things to burden myself with.

[Edited on 26/9/2002 by full_length]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Who do you think you are?

We're not entitled to an oopinon any more, is that it?

For your information I come here for lively debate, which is what I get in the main, so am happy with it. I'm not going to stop this just becasue you said I should.

Some of the posters on here do only come on following Indian wins or good days and talk up their team. Some don't. I have no problem with those that are here and happy to criticise their teams, which I have actually done to England on occasions when I feel it is necessary, but I do have a problem with those which don't look at all the facts before spouting off - England were missing 3 key players through injury, that is a fact, also there is the fact that 6 out of 15 who played in the Natwest are missing (and at least 4 of them would be in the team if available) - that sort of changing of squad in a short time will make it hard for a team to gel as a unit.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm just another poster.
You find some people here to be eyesores. I find you to be a poor sport, a bad loser and highly biased. I considered the second set of qualities more negative. Like you pointed out, all of us are entitled to our opinions.
I'd be OK with some English fans coming in here with glory tales of players (that does happen quite a lot too), rather than some Indian coming up with ten excuses in as many posts.

Like I said, grow up.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
We (England) were whupped, fair and square.

In India's next game, they proved (to me) that they had that vital ingredient for winning games - character. They did to South Africa something which very few England ODI sides I can remember since the days of ITB were able to do - come from a position of desperation, spot a chance and go for it 100%

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the posters on here do only come on following Indian wins or good days and talk up their team. Some don't. I have no problem with those that are here and happy to criticise their teams, which I have actually done to England on occasions when I feel it is necessary, but I do have a problem with those which don't look at all the facts before spouting off - England were missing 3 key players through injury, that is a fact, also there is the fact that 6 out of 15 who played in the Natwest are missing (and at least 4 of them would be in the team if available) - that sort of changing of squad in a short time will make it hard for a team to gel as a unit.
You keep on mentioning that 6 out of 15 players who played in the Natwest trophy weren't here. Have you considered the fact that with those 6 players, England lost the Natwest final to the very same India? So, were they not able to gel as a unit then? If not, when will they learn to do that? As I mentioned earlier, this is a clear manifestation of the sore loser syndrome.

nehrafan

Banned
[I do have a problem with those which don't look at all the facts before spouting off - England were missing 3 key players through injury, that is a fact, also there is the fact that 6 out of 15 who played in the Natwest are missing (and at least 4 of them would be in the team if available) - that sort of changing of squad in a short time will make it hard for a team to gel as a unit.

Lord mercy, why the hell were those Six Englishmen ever injured ?, believe me more than anyone else , its the Indian Fans who have sufered because of their absence.We have been reminded in every second post by M about the absence of the Super Six English cricketers & how the scenario would have changed had those great cricketers played the match.
BTW, does anyone knows the secret of English cric's health???
;)