• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yet another "bid for position" draft

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Dawid Malan
Jos Buttler (wk)
Suresh Raina (vc)
Faf Du Plessis©
Andre Russell
Krunal Pandya
Hardik Pandya
Sunil Narine
Adil Rashid
Jofra Archer
Mitch Starc

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
You are better off having shakib at 4 while dropping others one slot down. This looks so ugly with miller at 4 and other big hitters to follow while shakib sits at an unusual position.
Personally I like Shakib at 7 - not so much because I think his best position is at 7 but I think you are wasting one of the great middle order batsman a bit by playing Pollard at 7. I think he's better then just a death overs hitter and I think that is shown by both his average and the volume of runs he has in T20 cricket. In the IPL too his matchwinning moments (as far as i recall over the years and certainly this season) have come at 5 or 6 or when the side are struggling and so he is forced to come in earlier then Mumbai planned. Pollard also averages 15 at a strike rate of 108 at number 7 for the West Indies.

I presume Shakib comes up the order in case of an awful start but if that doesn't happen Pollard a better option I reckon at 6 even though it does dilute Shakib's impact at 7 but he at least brings a credible bowling option who could bowl 4 overs if Ataraxia goes down that route.

JOJOXI

Matthew Hayden

Chris Gayle
Matthew Hayden
Joe Root
AB de Villiers
Ben Stokes
MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
--
Daniel Vettori
Mitchell Johnson
Trent Boult
--

ataraxia

International Coach
You are better off having shakib at 4 while dropping others one slot down. This looks so ugly with miller at 4 and other big hitters to follow while shakib sits at an unusual position.
Fair enough. I'm kind of playing him as a bowling all-rounder as well as being no.4 batsman in a crisis - as always a T20 batting order is very fluid.

JOJOXI

Fair enough. I'm kind of playing him as a bowling all-rounder as well as being no.4 batsman in a crisis - as always a T20 batting order is very fluid.
I would probably swap Maxwell and Miller myself as a hunch but not looked into that closely.

ataraxia

International Coach
Also of note is that Shakib's batting average in both T20s and T20Is is significantly lower than the other 3 - just putting that out there.

ataraxia

International Coach
Anyhow, the whole point of my side is that it can get to enormous totals and collapses are highly unlikely.

anil1405

International Captain
I understand that flexibility is a given in t20's when it comes to batting order but I personally don't see Miller as a no.4. Same goes to Maxwell and Pollard. Yeah occasionally sending them at 4 is understandable based on situation of the game but I still see no.4 as a very important position in this format and someone who can keep the innings together. Of all those players in that team I see Shakib as the best fit.

JOJOXI

Maxwell does average 37.52 striking @ 156 when he bats at number 4 in T20Is with 2 hundreds from that position in fairness to him. He is a bit of a player who you can't be sure will get you runs with the consistency of say a Root, Williamson type player but his record is very good at 4 in T20Is - not sure how much that translates over to T20s

anil1405

International Captain
Maxwell does average 37.52 striking @ 156 when he bats at number 4 in T20Is with 2 hundreds from that position in fairness to him. He is a bit of a player who you can't be sure will get you runs with the consistency of say a Root, Williamson type player but his record is very good at 4 in T20Is - not sure how much that translates over to T20s
Ahh just checked his stats and Maxwell does have a good record at no 4. I guess he and Shakib can interchange in that position while Miller and Pollard can come later in the innings.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Honest Hunks

Dawid Malan
Jos Buttler (wk)
Suresh Raina (vc)
Faf Du Plessis©
Andre Russell
Krunal Pandya
Hardik Pandya
Sunil Narine
Adil Rashid
Jofra Archer
Mitch Starc
I really like this team, lots of bowling options and great batting depth. I would think about putting Faf to open and Malan at 3 personally but can see an argument either way

kingkallis

International Coach
Imad Wasim

CricZo XI

Brendon McCullum / +
Rohit Sharma /
Babar Azam /
Eoin Morgan / (c)
-
-
Imad Wasim o /
Chris Morris o /