• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Ideas

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The aluminium bat.

Incidentally, my prospective father in law has one which he bought off DK in the early 80s. Lillee had dozens of them made apparently, and couldn't shift them
Have you been able to subject it to a close examination? or better still a net?

I would genuinely be interested in your impressions of it

Compton

International Debutant
Umpire's not starting play/taking players off in anticipation of a rain shower that hasn't actually started.

The whole "extra half hour" thing in Test Cricket. I like that they make the effort to get the overs in, but the half hour seems arbitrary to me. Why not just play until you've bowled the overs or conditions force you off?

Shady Slim

International Coach
the handling of kevin pietersen

like i don't think they should have dropped him but i'm not talking about that, the handling of the situation was awful

Starfighter

Shaun Marsh
Free Hits
Shaun Marsh
The Kookaburra Ball (properly called the s***abugger)
The modern fashion for flat wickets that seems to have emerged here.
Shaun Marsh
Shaun Marsh
The 'rotation policy' - remember that? Gawd it sucked.
Scott Boland playing international cricket - truly dreadful.
Our current limited overs bowling strategy: long hops down the leg side combined with occasional half volleys and full tosses (also on leg) isn't a brilliant way to stop scoring.
Justin Langer's mouth.
Three commentators, and C9 commentary in general.
By the way, did I mention Shaun Marsh?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think much will beat the supersub. It's amazing to think that actually existed at one point in recent history. Though I imagine one day we might feel the same way about players mic'd up and talking to the home audience during international t20s. But who knows.

On that note... mic'd up players during t20s.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Use of boundary ropes instead of the fence, particularly when they have the rope far inside a fence that is not the actual fence, but rather advertising hoardings standing two metres inside the ground from the fence that actually contains the spectators.
Flintoff being let near a microphone

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Use of boundary ropes instead of the fence, particularly when they have the rope far inside a fence that is not the actual fence, but rather advertising hoardings standing two metres inside the ground from the fence that actually contains the spectators.
I like ropes because they allow for safer and better fielding, but yeah, the advertising hoardings and the ropes themselves are often pulled waaaay too far in.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
That cricket doesn't have a "minimum" standard in terms of how big the boundaries need to be. That's stupid too.

Pukekura Park is laughable.

Starfighter

Yes, in a very understated sort of way, but you overlooked several other Marshes
Rod Marsh as selector
Mitchell Marsh in general (unless he can actually improve. Hasn't been happening though)
Geoff Marsh having anything to do with Australian cricket.
Has that covered it?

NotMckenzie said:
Yes. I hate fence-in-a-fence, anf Flintoff too.

Last edited: