• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst fielder ever"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Possibly, I've not been keeping anywhere near as close an eye on the latter - but I was thinking outfielders (esp slippers).
Wicketkeepers are always going to drop more because they've got to take it so often.

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Good call. You know what you meant, we all know what you meant, but TEC has to have seen the blackest cat.
oh yes of course and butcher is just as good as every other slip fielder in the english side. bravo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But why is it a low blow mentioning the very obvious fact that Parthiv Patel drops too many catches? :mellow:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow, aren't old threads revealing. Fardin who was tragically taken from us, and the idiot Camel56 types who we'd have been so much better if he'd never joined us.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lance Cairns wasn't a bad fielder. Not great but certainly not bad enough to be included in this thread
It's true he wasn't that bad, but the choice of Cairns was based on the worst piece of fielding ever rather than consistant poor fielding. I was at Lords for the Test Match in 1978 and David Gower mistimed a pull shot and it lobbed very gently to Cairns at square leg. Not only did he drop the easiest chance you will ever see, he then bent down to pick the ball up and throw back to the keeper and ended up throwing it backwards over his own shoulder.

Fiery

Banned
It's true he wasn't that bad, but the choice of Cairns was based on the worst piece of fielding ever rather than consistant poor fielding. I was at Lords for the Test Match in 1978 and David Gower mistimed a pull shot and it lobbed very gently to Cairns at square leg. Not only did he drop the easiest chance you will ever see, he then bent down to pick the ball up and throw back to the keeper and ended up throwing it backwards over his own shoulder.
Right. I've got highlights of that series an English mate sent me actually but haven't watched it all yet. Will keep an eye out for that :p