• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2015 - Draft

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what's the rule with selecting a keeper? If anil1405 selected AB as his, I'll take McCullum as mine provided he still earns points based on the criteria provided.

If we can't select those non-selected keepers or they can only earn points in games they actually keep-wickets, I take de Kock as my keeper.

Happy either way, but it should be the same for anil1405. Let us know.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
When you say that captain points are doubled, do you mean that (a) we get to appoint one captain for the team and that the points he scores are doubled, or that (b) points are doubled for all real-life team captains?

If the former, do we get to change captains through the course of the tournament, and if so, how often?

kingkallis

International Coach
When you say that captain points are doubled, do you mean that (a) we get to appoint one captain for the team and that the points he scores are doubled, or that (b) points are doubled for all real-life team captains?

If the former, do we get to change captains through the course of the tournament, and if so, how often?
Yes, we will be able to pick a TRUMP player / captain ( you cant change him! ) from our team whose performance reward will be doubled.

Zinzan

You can pick McCullum and he will be your wicketkeeper even if he keeps in just one game.
If the qualification is McCullum having to keep for at least one game, then I will select de Kock as my keeper instead instead.

I'm assuming the same rule applies to anil1405's selection of AB so it's consistent for everyone yeah?

Zinzan

Yes, we will be able to pick a TRUMP player / captain ( you cant change him! ) from our team whose performance reward will be doubled.
So does it have to be one of the 'actual' WC captains, or can we just select who we think is our MVP to get the double-points then? :p

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
You can pick McCullum and he will be your wicketkeeper even if he keeps in just one game.
Can you please give some clarity to this?

I would've taken McCullum over Amla, but I doubted whether he will keep in a WC game. Same as DeVilliers.

People taking McCullum or DeVilliers are essentially just getting an extra gun batsman in their teams, who may not keep at all.

Red

So what's the criteria for the keeper in our squads kingkallis?

- must keep in the WC

- is listed on cricinfo as a keeper?

Red

Can't see why you'd try to cheat picking no keepers. Would be the other way round surely.
What do you mean? His criteria says we need a keeper?

McCullum and AB might not keep at all (ok AB might apparently), but seemingly can be considered keepers.

It just gives people an extra gun batsman who's unfettered by keeping without having to pick an actual keeper in their team.

Which is why definition of player roles is needed for this if we have to pick structured teams....

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I can't see why you wouldn't want a keeper though, given that you get points for catches, stumping and runouts. It's effectively a keeper vs a sixth batsman who's probably not going to be that good anyway.