• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, people don't need a partner necessarily. Picks could be left with other drafters for example

kingkallis

International Coach
1. kingkallis
2. NUFAN
3. M0rphin3
4. morgeib
5. marc71178
6. centurymaker
7. Howe_zat
8. smalishah84
9. weeman27bob
10. Blaze18
11. Teja
12. Somerset
13. Prince EWS
14. G.I.Joe
15.Micheal7777777
16. Marcuss

Lets make 12 teams then.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Teja and I are teaming up.

1. kingkallis
2. NUFAN
3. M0rphin3
4. morgeib
5. marc71178
6. centurymaker
7. Howe_zat & Teja
8. smalishah84 & Blaze18
9. weeman27bob
10. Somerset
11. Prince EWS
12. G.I.Joe & Marcuss
13. Micheal7777777
14. Cevno

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wait, wait, wait.

There's a trophy now?

Teja, you decietful boy. I bet you were planning on keeping it yourself.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I would've used Sree's inclusion in our team as a bargain for your part ownership of the trophy but he wasn't even in the Indian squad. :p

It's all political obvs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would've used Sree's inclusion in our team as a bargain for your part ownership of the trophy but he wasn't even in the Indian squad. :p

It's all political obvs.
Of course. We've got to have him around, so I move we make him coach the XI. Or make spending time with him a rite of passage for all the players, like a sort of sadistic initiation ritual.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone explain how this works exactly? And I suppose if there is room left would like to participate.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Of course. We've got to have him around, so I move we make him coach the XI. Or make spending time with him a rite of passage for all the players, like a sort of sadistic initiation ritual.
We make him the team's shrink IMO.

I say that in jest but he actually does have a degree in psychology. Gotta love the delicious irony. Such a gun.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can someone explain how this works exactly? And I suppose if there is room left would like to participate.
It works by picking an XI where each participant picks one player per round. The order of participants is changed each round to keep it fair, until 12 rounds are up and you have a fantasy XI plus a 12th man. A player can't be picked twice.

In this draft, the players available are those in the WC 2011, and the winning XI is the one that fares best in the WC, like a fantasy league.

Once the draft starts, you'll get the hang of it.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It works by picking an XI where each participant picks one player per round. The order of participants is changed each round to keep it fair, until 12 rounds are up and you have a fantasy XI plus a 12th man. A player can't be picked twice.

In this draft, the players available are those in the WC 2011, and the winning XI is the one that fares best in the WC, like a fantasy league.

Once the draft starts, you'll get the hang of it.
Ah ok makes sense. I'd like to pair up with someone considering this is my first time (assuming there are still spots available of course).