• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Womens world cup

Don

State Vice-Captain
so how is the preparation for the womens world cup coming along in your respective countries.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
there was a spot on skysportsnews yesterday about the England side preparations, but they didn't show Rosalie :(

Don

State Vice-Captain
well our women were having some problems with aquiring funds but thats ok now.they ended a 1 week camp here in T&T where they played against 3 male teams.the played Joe public munroe road and won.tile it Central sports?? whu were also beat.and Caripichima secondary school whu also lost.if this is a sign of things to come we should do well.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
GO AUSSIE GO!

AUstralia should be hard to beat, as ever :)
Well our mens side can't compete with the Australians at the moment, at least the New Zealand women (who are the current world champions) may stand a chance. :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Here's to Miss Logtenburg showing some of the guys how to bat..

Just seen the venues, Tuks CC! Mind you, guess the girls won't fill the Wanderers!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
England are playing SA in a WC warm up at Klerksdorp, SA have made 182-7 from 50 overs, Rosalie Brich took 3-29.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Haha I find it funny when talking about womans cricket you all just seem to bring up certain females that are more known for there looks.. I thought Clare Connor would have got a few mentions by now.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering NZ just got smacked 3-0 by Australia..it's hard to see them winning it.

I reckon India could be an outside chance to make the final though, they seem to have improved quite a bit.

Beleg

International Regular
Tamara,

The ratio of hot women players bought up in a discussion by men on the basis of looks is nothing compared to the ratio of hot men brought up in a cricket discussion by women on similar grounds. :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe around 120 to 125 km's is the fastest by one of the Australian women.
Which ain't too bad to be fair.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Tim said:
I believe around 120 to 125 km's is the fastest by one of the Australian women.
Which ain't too bad to be fair.
thats around the pace medium fast male bowlers bowl at. Thats not slow...

Link

State Vice-Captain
England women have certainly been warming up for the wc. the other day the beat some team by scorin 400 in the first innings and then bowling them out for not much.
More recently they bowled some team out for like 50 and then won in 6 overs