• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Womens world cup

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Maybe I should start a thread about Michael Clark being so hot. Nah Jokes. There was an interesting article on Fitzpatrick(the fastest womans bowler) the other day. She is 37 years old.. weighs just 53 kg's. SO for her to put a ball down at 125km is a pretty good effort considering McGrath bowls 10km faster but weighs twice as much. Anyway i thought quite interesting.

White Ferns did get beaten by Aus 3-0 but in each game we had a key batter injured and rested one of our main strike bowlers. It comes down to on the day in the end I think.

India play really well at home but hven't seen them out of the country recently so will be interesting how they go.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tamara said:
Maybe I should start a thread about Michael Clark being so hot. Nah Jokes. There was an interesting article on Fitzpatrick(the fastest womans bowler) the other day. She is 37 years old.. weighs just 53 kg's. SO for her to put a ball down at 125km is a pretty good effort considering McGrath bowls 10km faster but weighs twice as much. Anyway i thought quite interesting.

White Ferns did get beaten by Aus 3-0 but in each game we had a key batter injured and rested one of our main strike bowlers. It comes down to on the day in the end I think.

India play really well at home but hven't seen them out of the country recently so will be interesting how they go.
Woh woh woh, McGrath definately doesn't weigh 106kg's! hahaha

I see what you're getting at though.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
yeah don't know how much he weights but that just what it said in article. Yeah but you get the point

Don

State Vice-Captain
rosalie is hott.does anyone have a site where there are pic of other women crickers

Son Of Coco

Tim said:
Does anyone else agree that she looks a little like Keira Knightley?
A little bit maybe, saw an English girl out a couple of weeks ago who looked more like Keira Knightley - she was lovely haha.

Scaly piscine

Interesting performance from the England Women, they score 284-4 against the Sri Lankans then SL are 54-6 and 37 of those are wides.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
yes happy to see my club team mates clare connor and claire taylor getting runs for england today. bugger about my other club team mates maria fahey(royal duck) and hadiee tiffen(3)'s performance for nz

Steulen

International Regular
Sri Lanka Women innings (target: 285 runs from 50 overs) R M B 4 6
PRCS Kumarihami b Gunn 2 16 7 0 0
LDVV Silva b Pearson 0 3 1 0 0
WHD Fernando c Brindle b Pearson 4 10 12 0 0
HASD Siriwardene b Gunn 0 5 1 0 0
*SK Dolawatte st Smit b Pearson 2 26 10 0 0
LE Kaushalya c Smit b Gunn 6 11 11 0 0
SP de Alwis c Edwards b Guha 2 24 20 0 0
PM Udawatte not out 1 22 0 0
AD Jakanthymala not out 1 2 0 0
Extras (lb 1, w 37) 38
Total (7 wickets, 14.2 overs) 56

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
poor poor bowling. bowl that against nz or aus or even india and u will get smashed. Especially poor by pearson cause she been the leading seam bowler for several years in that team

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Steulen said:
Thought I'd post the current scorecard...must be the most bizarre I've ever seen.
Hehe, 37 wides out of 56. Although I looked at the live scorecard, and the wides in the bowlers column only adds up to 20. Not sure what's going on there.

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
Hehe, 37 wides out of 56. Although I looked at the live scorecard, and the wides in the bowlers column only adds up to 20. Not sure what's going on there.
What happens is (I think) if they bowl a wide and it goes for 4 say (ie 5 wides) they only count that as 1 wide ball next to the bowling figures.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
What happens is (I think) if they bowl a wide and it goes for 4 say (ie 5 wides) they only count that as 1 wide ball next to the bowling figures.
strange because they still wides and still against the bowler.. the coverage by cricinfo has been really bad though. infact they still don't even have the right 11 in the scorecard for englands first game.

Steulen

International Regular
Tamara said:
strange because they still wides and still against the bowler.. the coverage by cricinfo has been really bad though. infact they still don't even have the right 11 in the scorecard for englands first game.
Did you read why they couldn't get live coverage of the Aus vs. NZ game?

The phone line was connected to the wrong ground...