• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Not a surprising dismissal. Remember him looking **** scared facing Pattinson, real rabbit in the headlights stuff.

As for Tage, good to see he is developing his fathers ability to bat long hours
Yep 100%. He got bowled by the fastest bowler on show.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep and promptly got bowled through the gate by a pacer. Not much has changed....

I see Tage is making his dad look like a slogger. 75 not out, 300 balls, 2 fours. Yikes.
Funny thing about Chanderpaul is that he has one of the fastest centuries in Test history. It's like he was on steroids in that innings.

Beamer

Funny thing about Chanderpaul is that he has one of the fastest centuries in Test history. It's like he was on steroids in that innings.
Shiv had all the shots he just chose not to play them so he could get forever.

Tage literally doesn't have the shots and that's a problem.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That was absolutely phenomenal, remember watching it like it was just yesterday. I was fairly young at the time, Chanderpaul has been pretty much one of my favourite cricketers ever since. That whole series holds so many memories, Gillespie being a beast, the McGrath-Sarwan spat, Bichel's 71, Jermaine Lawson bowling ligntning quick and Omari Banks guiding that incredible run chase home.

Oh to go back to times like those

andmark

International Captain
I was always confused with Chanderpaul's stance. I was convinced with his front leg being so far into the leg side, he'd be very vulnerable to bowling outside off and yet he still scored all those runs.

anil1405

International Captain
Also the 150 he scored in an ODI against Proteas in 99. That was some knock. Apparently the only game Windies won in that entire tour.

SillyCowCorner1

This is actually his highest first-class score.

Previous best was 38. Average is atrocious as well: 16.78

Hope he gets better

Beamer

Guyana won. Solid victory for them as usual. No standout individuals but they got the job done.

Leewards best Barbados also. 7 wickets for Alzari Joseph in the match, who looked very good. Hopefully he'll be back against England. Nice to see Leewards win on the back of excellent performances from two of our under 19 champions.

Beamer

So early days obviously but the two putting their hands up for test selection are Carty and Joseph.

Honourable mentions for Visual Singh, Clinton Pestano and Tage Chanderpaul (though he needs to learn to up his scoring rate a little bit).

SillyCowCorner1

So early days obviously but the two putting their hands up for test selection are Carty and Joseph.

Honourable mentions for Visual Singh, Clinton Pestano and Tage Chanderpaul (though he needs to learn to up his scoring rate a little bit).
I'd add Taryck Gabriel in there also. I watched bat today. He's intent on spending time at the crease.

Also, Shillingford he was bowling tight, but couldn't penetrate. If only he had more attacking field placements.

I thought romario Shepard was the better allrounder....but Clinton Pestano proved me wrong

Johnson is a tactical genius in Windies cricket.but he needs runs under his belt.

Another case of the best captain in the region not among the runs: Darren Ganga

Beamer

Johnson is the only captain in the Caribbean who knows how to set fields for spin bowling.

As you said, it's a crying shame that his batting never developed sufficiently.

SillyCowCorner1

Johnson is the only captain in the Caribbean who knows how to set fields for spin bowling.

As you said, it's a crying shame that his batting never developed sufficiently.
Still early in the season. And FC is his best format. Don't see him eclipsing Jason Holder of the test team (even if he has the runs to back up his selection to the test team).

SillyCowCorner1

Blackwood and Fudadin among the runs in JA practice games.

Blackwood with 136 from 222 balls, while Fudadin with 86 off 71 balls.

SillyCowCorner1

Big chance for Blackwood this year. Score real runs and he'll definitely be back in the setup.
A lot of guys know what's at stake. Performances will be noted. Auditioning for various spots in the test team.
Imagine Blackwood and Hetmyer in the same XI*

*- I'm not sure if they have played in the same eleven before

Beamer

A lot of guys know what's at stake. Performances will be noted. Auditioning for various spots in the test team.
Imagine Blackwood and Hetmyer in the same XI*

*- I'm not sure if they have played in the same eleven before
I loved watching Blackwood a couple of seasons ago. He suddenly started combining some shot selection with his undoubted ability to play shots.

He lost his way slightly since but I'd love to see him get some big scores. Agree that he and Hety batting together would be box office.