• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Another Chandrika special today. Bowled through the gate by Keon Joseph, Guyana's opening pacer.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like what the commentators are saying in the Guyana-Leewards game.

Spending time at the crease. Chanderpaul coming up in the conversation

SillyCowCorner1

Romario Shepard with 3 of the 5 wickets to fall so far. Leewards batsmen are struggling against the pace.

Permaul and Joseph with the other 2 wickets

Beamer

In all 3 matches the team batting first was bowled out well inside the first day.

I caught the first session of the Barbados v Jamaica match and I have to say the pitch was poor. Very inconsistent bounce, lots of movement for the seamers, spin for Nikita Miller on the first day.

Having said that, John Campbell us currently dispatching the ball to all parts for 46 not out. He's bound to get himself out any moment now....

SillyCowCorner1

So Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai with 3 wickets, and Shepherd with 3.

Motie is actually the best young spinner in the region.

Let's see what Rahkeem has in him.

Guyana 36-2

Tagenarine batting with nightwatchman Clinton Pestano. Kinda like the second innings of the previous game.

I'm excited about play tomorrow. Great challenges ahead.

Beamer

So Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai with 3 wickets, and Shepherd with 3.

Motie is actually the best young spinner in the region.

Let's see what Rahkeem has in him.

Guyana 36-2

Tagenarine batting with nightwatchman Clinton Pestano. Kinda like the second innings of the previous game.

I'm excited about play tomorrow. Great challenges ahead.
Excited to see what Rakheem comes up with. He has one wicket already. I also like Motie and am delighted he is getting preference over Permaul now so we can really see what he is made of.

Beamer

Good century from Jeremy Solozano, T & T's opener. Keeping liking on runs openers, we need you!

Flem274*

123/5
blackwood turning out so crap (for now) really surprised me. his batting was both talented and sensible on test debut

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately it looks like normal service has been resumed, fairly unremarkable spinners running through sides. As depressing as it is predictable

Beamer

Imran Khan > Bishoo

Saw that yesterday in the comments of the youtube stream.
From what I've seen, Khan has more variety than Bishoo and is more accurate, but he doesn't turn his leg break much.

I don't think he's international quality but can see why he gets FC wickets.

Beamer

Unfortunately it looks like normal service has been resumed, fairly unremarkable spinners running through sides. As depressing as it is predictable
Yep. Warrican 8 wickets, Miller 7 in the match so far, khan 8, shillingford 6.

It's depressing. Still we have seen some flashes of quality pace bowling from Harding and Joseph. Let's hope we see more of that.

SillyCowCorner1

Jeremiah Louis is swinging the new ball. Causing problems for the lower order batsmen: Permaul and Shepherd. Both can bat.

SillyCowCorner1

It's seems like Chandrika have injured his finger attempting to field a ball at midwicket.

He's off the field, for now.

SillyCowCorner1

He's gone with the ambulance now for x-rays.

He's done for the match, I presume.

Meanwhile Rahkeem Cornwall have picked up his 4th wicket of the innings.