• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We are batting first.

168/2 in 56 overs

Kirk McKenzie (who made a double a few weeks ago) opened the batting with Tage and they put on 130 for the first wicket. Kirk was dismissed for 86 off 124 balls.
Raymon Reifer came in at number 3 and could only muster 26 off 42 before he perished.

In the middle currently are Tage who is on 55 off 162 (typical Tage) and (possibly our best batter) Alick Athanaze on 2 off 14 balls.

Saif Hassan and Mushfik Hasan with a wicket a piece

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The sylhet pitch supposed to have grass and offer some movement but maybe flattened out very early. We had to bat first. Eager to watch Saif, Sandman, Afif. Zakir and esp Joy. Dont know why mominul isnt playing this.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The sylhet pitch supposed to have grass and offer some movement but maybe flattened out very early. We had to bat first. Eager to watch Saif, Sandman, Afif. Zakir and esp Joy. Dont know why mominul isnt playing this.
I have managed to watch todays play only on the live stream. What's weird is that whilst I have been watching the ball has seamed all over the place, with excellent deliveries getting rid of Tage and Athenaze. On that evidence, I'm really not sure how we have got such a big score on the board. The only thing I can think of is that the new ball is very difficult to face and then it flattens out.

If conditions stay like this Akeem Jordan will be very effective.

Beamer

Brandon King got a duck. TBf it is his first failure for ages as when he plays red ball nowadays he usually scores loads. But this was unconvincing, he was playing everything in front of his body, not waiting for the ball to come to him and was inevitably out caught and bowled. Clear sign of someone who has not played enough red ball cricket recently to adapt to the conditions.

Beamer

Random question. Why do so many of the Bangladeshi players show such open dissent to the umpires? Nayeem Hassan just behaved disgracefully when something that was clearly not out anyway wasn't given. I've seen this at BPL and in other domestic matches too. Is it because Shakib treats umpires so badly that many of the next gen think it is ok to do the same?

SillyCowCorner1

Kevin Sinclair's really stepped up him game in his last 5 matches in FC,

5/2/23- 12, 1 for 47 & 5 for 48
4/25/23- 86, 2 for 71
3/28/23- 12 & 31, 2 for 48 & 6 for 33
3/21/23- 10 &18, 4 for 37
3/14/23- 69 & 1, 0 for 6 & 1 for 31

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Random question. Why do so many of the Bangladeshi players show such open dissent to the umpires? Nayeem Hassan just behaved disgracefully when something that was clearly not out anyway wasn't given. I've seen this at BPL and in other domestic matches too. Is it because Shakib treats umpires so badly that many of the next gen think it is ok to do the same?
Shakib for sure didnt set out good example for the juniors to follow but still I would blame the overall culture and individuals too. BD coaches have the reputation to show dissent very openly and you would think it passes on to the next generation. Something we got to work on from root level

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
WI will be disappointed that they didnt get the win due rain being the spoil party mostly. Think we have a strong A team but still played poorly. Too many attacking shots. Saif’s footwork is still bad but thats just the way he plays. I dont think he’ll survive in International cricket with that. Mushfiq Hasan is one of the better upcoming pacers from the ranks

SillyCowCorner1

WI will be disappointed that they didnt get the win due rain being the spoil party mostly. Think we have a strong A team but still played poorly. Too many attacking shots. Saif’s footwork is still bad but thats just the way he plays. I dont think he’ll survive in International cricket with that. Mushfiq Hasan is one of the better upcoming pacers from the ranks
Yes, it looked like we had full control of that game.

We need more A team tours as it showcases players weaknesses and strengths.

Our best batsman, Athanaze shows that he can make it anywhere.
A test debut will soon come.
Joshua Da Silva is a good leader. He’s young but he gels nicely with his fellow players.

Jair McCallister, I never thought he’d deliver a performance like this. He was under the radar for me all the time.

SillyCowCorner1

If there’s any place Kemar Roach would perform well in away tests, it’s gotta be in England.

He grabbed 18 wickets in 5 matches for Surrey this season before returning back home to deal with a “family matter.”

Hope all is well

SillyCowCorner1

Kevin Sinclair's really stepped up him game in his last 5 matches in FC,

5/2/23- 12, 1 for 47 & 5 for 48
4/25/23- 86, 2 for 71
3/28/23- 12 & 31, 2 for 48 & 6 for 33
3/21/23- 10 &18, 4 for 37
3/14/23- 69 & 1, 0 for 6 & 1 for 31
Let’s add,

53*, 1 catch and match figures of 19-3-42-1