• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So it seems based on that Cornwall is probably the best FC player in the comp. Lol. Give this bloke a test

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I have seen of WI first class cricket this season the umpires seem a lot more willing to call wide deliveries than here in Australia. Umpires here are pretty lenient on that at Shield level, a lot of byes that should have been wides. Some of those no ball numbers are alarmingly high though

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
What changes, if any, will come from Cameron being booted. Hasnt the relationship between players and board improved?
That entirely depends on your perspective. Cameron had a good relationship with the head of the players association, WIPA, Wavell Hinds. But WIPA no longer represents most of our top players who all (apart from Shiv) supported Skerritt no Cameron.

I think there will be a less Bajancentric approach to the selection of captains and players (Barbados are one of the few who voted for Cameron because he always ket them sweet). Skerritt also ran on a promise that he will be less autocratic than Cameron and put in places democratic processes. It will be fascinating to see what this means for Cornwall. At the very least, I personally expect to see an approved approach to marketing and communication with the fans. The WICB has stopped communicating with us, we don;t get to hear about squad selection until just before the match and very rarely receive justifications for many of the selections that happen.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
From what I have seen of WI first class cricket this season the umpires seem a lot more willing to call wide deliveries than here in Australia. Umpires here are pretty lenient on that at Shield level, a lot of byes that should have been wides. Some of those no ball numbers are alarmingly high though
You're spot on the umpires are really harsh on wides in the Caribbean so I'm not too worried by that. As you said though, the no-ball count is ridiculous. This needs sorting as our test team has taken way more wickets off no-balls as any other test side since 2017. It is clearly a Caribbean wide problem, the stats don't lie.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Change was needed. Ricky Skerritt congrats.

Just when things were heading in the right direction in terms of player relationship...I hope this is just a new phase of quality Windies cricket from top and bottom.

Might as well change some of the selectors as well.

trundler

Joseph, Cornwall, Holder and Thomas wouldn't be a bad attack at all . Hope Thomas can be more consistent. WI definitely could race ahead of Pak, SA and Aus.

trundler

For sure. Thomas needs to get his **** together and WI have their weaknesses covered.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Russell's t20 heroics made me revisit the 2016 s/f and final of the t20 world cup.

Are Johnson Charles and Lendl Simmons anywhere close to the international radar anymore? Both played really impressive knocks in the semi final. Will that be both of their last hurrahs in international cricket?

vcs

So Russell's t20 heroics made me revisit the 2016 s/f and final of the t20 world cup.

Are Johnson Charles and Lendl Simmons anywhere close to the international radar anymore? Both played really impressive knocks in the semi final. Will that be both of their last hurrahs in international cricket?
Don't forget Evin Lewis, loves scoring T20 centuries against India and has a really impressive T20I record, but in and out of their side.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Charles has went full T20 freelancer I think, doesn't even turn out for the Leewards anymore. Simmons on the other hand played his first FC cricket in years

Tom Flint

International Regular
Joseph, Cornwall, Holder and Thomas wouldn't be a bad attack at all . Hope Thomas can be more consistent. WI definitely could race ahead of Pak, SA and Aus.
6. Russell
7. Holder
8. Cornwall
9. Nurse
10. Paul
11. Joseph

Harsh on Cottrell but Joseph has better demonstrating better variety with slower balls ect which you need against the best batting line ups and flat pitches. Paul has also got lots of different skills too

SillyCowCorner1

Windies squad announced for the tour of Ireland. ODI series

Jason Holder (c)
Fabien Allen
Kemar Roach
Sunil Ambris
Darren Bravo
John Campbell
Sheldon Cotterell
Raymon Reifer
Roston Chase
Shai Hope
Ashley Nurse
Shannon Gabriel
Shane Dowrich
Jonathan Carter
++++

I don't know about this side. Bowling looks thin. Why Dowrich?

SeamUp

International Coach
Windies squad announced for the tour of Ireland. ODI series

Jason Holder (c)
Fabien Allen
Kemar Roach
Sunil Ambris
Darren Bravo
John Campbell
Sheldon Cotterell
Raymon Reifer
Roston Chase
Shai Hope
Ashley Nurse
Shannon Gabriel
Shane Dowrich
Jonathan Carter
++++

I don't know about this side. Bowling looks thin. Why Dowrich?
Which IPL stars will definitely come in you reckon ?

Borges

International Regular
I think the question was: Among those playing in the IPL, which ones, in your opinion, would make it into the West Indies side for the World Cup?

SillyCowCorner1

I think the question was: Among those playing in the IPL, which ones, in your opinion, would make it into the West Indies side for the World Cup?
Oh, he didn't say WC, so I thought that it was for this series.

IPL stars:

Keemo
Hetmyer
Russell
Gayle

SeamUp

International Coach
Oh, he didn't say WC, so I thought that it was for this series.

IPL stars:

Keemo
Hetmyer
Russell
Gayle
World Cup is all the focus is. No ? :D

Because all this change of president and coach seems to think a whole truck load will come back ?

I can go with Gayle, Russell, Hetmyer, Joseph.

So realistically only Russell wasn't getting into Windies squads under old regime.

But what about Lewis, Pollard, Narine etc

SillyCowCorner1

World Cup is all the focus is. No ? :D

Because all this change of president and coach seems to think a whole truck load will come back ?

I can go with Gayle, Russell, Hetmyer, Joseph.

So realistically only Russell wasn't getting into Windies squads under old regime.

But what about Lewis, Pollard, Narine etc
Narine is a basket case, cause his action is still not perfectly cleared. In internationals, he's gonna get called.
Pollard is done with the Windies. When we wanted him, he disappeared and showed us his true intentions. No way Jason Holder wants that.

Lewis is most likely to be in there. I forgot that he was in the IPL lol.