• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wimbledon predictions?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Those who predicted after games started get 0 points for those games, it's a simple rule, and is the same one Simon operated I believe.

Therefore, since the Hewitt and Federer games started before a prediction was made, they score 0.
And the Federer match started around the same time.

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Those who predicted after games started get 0 points for those games, it's a simple rule, and is the same one Simon operated I believe.

Therefore, since the Hewitt and Federer games started before a prediction was made, they score 0.
its not the way simon operated

u have to consider the folowing thing as well. for me it hard to get the correct fixture for game upto quater as games are played well into midnight india time and i am not able to access net in the morning.even if u r rule is put into effect i think only two games had started befoe i predicted and i should have got the points for the matches that started later

u r cut of time is not a good idea. i am sure simon gave points for the matches that didnot begin

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i generally allowed it if it was 5 or 10 minutes late, but i cant say tips being that late really came up at all, marc's runnin this comp so let him run it as he likes...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
broncoman said:
i generally allowed it if it was 5 or 10 minutes late, but i cant say tips being that late really came up at all, marc's runnin this comp so let him run it as he likes...
Yes. Its all for fun so its easier if we allow the person running the competition decide.

Nothing so serious really whoever wins the competition. Specially considering I am not participating this time :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
biased indian said:
u have to consider the folowing thing as well. for me it hard to get the correct fixture for game upto quater as games are played well into midnight india time and i am not able to access net in the morning.even if u r rule is put into effect i think only two games had started befoe i predicted and i should have got the points for the matches that started later
There was play on more than 2 courts for that round.

biased indian said:
u r cut of time is not a good idea. i am sure simon gave points for the matches that didnot begin
As have I done - A cut off time of when the games start seems perfectly fair to me - can't make it any later and any earlier is silly

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah well, as long as you're consistent with the late tips rules I have no complaints.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Standings:

Marc 290
The Norwegian 267
Kyle 260
Archie 253
Jono 249
Chaminda 231
Simon 225
Steds 219
Faaip 216
V Reddy 209
Andy 171
biased indian 170
Ginger 125
Hoggy 80

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
last night in the wimbledon wrap up, becker made what i think is a valid point....the other players are too busy accepting his phenomenal talent and superiority especially on grass and just don't attack him enough anymore....most of the top players are satisfied if they give him what they consider a good enough fight....he pointed out some instances where hewitt could have really taken the fight to him and didn't....

federer doesn't ever expect to lose when he steps on court and his opponents rarely expect to win except when they are precocious teenagers(gasquet, nadal) or slightly unbalanced tennis geniuses(safin)...the result is that an aura of near invincibility surrounds him....of course roddick might prove this wrong tomorrow, but somehow i doubt it very much... :)