• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Kane Williamson get to 10,000 test runs?

Jezroy

State Captain
Crystal Ball gazing time… KW averages around 85 runs per test. He’s currently on 7909, with 27 centuries in 93 tests.

So he would need to play around 25 more tests to get to 10000 runs.

NZ are “scheduled” to play 32 tests between now and the end of March 2027 (we’ll see how many get swapped for some white ball stuff). Williamson will be 37 in August 2027.

Surely must be a chance (even if we only play 8 tests a year).

I think he’ll get there, and retire end of home season 2026-27 after home tests vs India and Sri Lanka, and away tests vs Australia (where we are set down for the Xmas/NY period again).

I’d say he also ends up with around 35 centuries as well. Even with Kohli, Root, and Smith probably all getting more than him, he ends up in the top 10 there as well.

Beast.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Crystal Ball gazing time… KW averages around 85 runs per test. He’s currently on 7909, with 27 centuries in 93 tests.

So he would need to play around 25 more tests to get to 10000 runs.

NZ are “scheduled” to play 32 tests between now and the end of March 2027 (we’ll see how many get swapped for some white ball stuff). Williamson will be 37 in August 2027.

Surely must be a chance (even if we only play 8 tests a year).

I think he’ll get there, and retire end of home season 2026-27 after home tests vs India and Sri Lanka, and away tests vs Australia (where we are set down for the Xmas/NY period again).

I’d say he also ends up with around 35 centuries as well. Even with Kohli, Root, and Smith probably all getting more than him, he ends up in the top 10 there as well.

Beast.
He'll retire after putting on a 200 run partnership with Muhammad Abbas in the 2027 WTC final.

Jezroy

State Captain
won't get close. tennis elbow + bit more inconsistent these days (compare his first 50 yesterday to Brisbane 2015).
Hmmmmmm but another 1000 runs and he’s pretty much 9000. That’s pretty close.

I think if he’s not there for long enough to get 1000 more test runs… we are in for some pain in a couple of years.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If Kane doesn’t do it I don’t think any NZer ever will.

Especially as we dayboo blokes only after they reach 30 and David White is trying to get us to play less tests than Ireland.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
If Kane doesn’t do it I don’t think any NZer ever will.

Especially as we dayboo blokes only after they reach 30 and David White is trying to get us to play less tests than Ireland.
It does feel a bit wrong that they haven’t had someone by now, yet Pakistan and Sri Lanka (2!) do.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It does feel a bit wrong that they haven’t had someone by now, yet Pakistan and Sri Lanka (2!) do.
Well they've had batsman significantly better than any Kiwi ever.

With Kane we have someone you can at least argue that he is as good as any bat SL/Pak have had.