• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's going to win?

Who will win?

• New Zealand

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Ireland

• Wales

• Scotland

• France

• Argentina

• Western Samoa

• Total voters

Cloete

International Captain
i'd like to go for Australia. and am hoping Australia will win. but in terms of who i THINK and not who i WANT then it's gonna be England. not that i mind them winning TBH. as soon as Aus gets knocked out i'm gonna be right behind the Poms :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ill say Australia, it will be close with England being so strong, but I cant help thinking that winning a world cup wouldnt be a very English thing to do lol...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Western Samoa, lol

if they win the world cup, ill swim to New Zealand and back.

Craig

World Traveller
If England dont win this WC, then I dont think they ever will win a WC.

You should of added Georgia, the US, Japan to that list as well.

(Meanwhile this is my 1000th post. *Takes off cap [never really liked helmets] and salutes to everyboard with cap and bat in each hand*0

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
You should of added Georgia, the US, Japan to that list as well.
And Namibia, I see they have Rudie Van Vuuren playing for them.. He hit that huge six off was it Flintoff? in the CWC...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
And Namibia, I see they have Rudie Van Vuuren playing for them.. He hit that huge six off was it Flintoff? in the CWC...
lol, thats right, the only dual international in the comp :)

umm, where is Uraguay????

lol, seriously i cant see any huge stand out team between, the All Blacks, the Wallabies and the english. just whomever plays best on the day

GO THE WALLABIES :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ENG-ER-LAND

unless Wilkinson hits a particularly bad run of form.

Oh, and if Samoa win the World Cup I'll walk from here to Samoa (I'm fully aware that it's an island, thank you).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
umm, where is Uruguay???
South America, east coast inbetween Brazil and Argentina.

Thought that you would know, after the WC Qualifying Playoff...

And NZ to beat England in the final.

lee1979

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England have the sheer physical size, power and speed throughout the side with the huge bonus of JW's kicking. Good enough to win, but need either luck on their side, or a totally fit JW.

NZ have the raw talent of Rokocoko (spelling?) and the general feeling of invincibility which only the Aussie cricket side, Brazilian football side and American sprint team can equal.

Australia are the only other worthy contenders but rely too greatly on Greghan....same can be said of England with God...oops...I mean Wilkinson.

Due to this, England will win if Wilk's stays fit, otherwise, NZ will win. Oz with outside chance, but ONLY if Greghan plays up, and plays regularly.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
all black will suffer a little from the likley loss of Umunga, if hes done his posterior cructaite, assuming the rehab time is similar to anterior cruciate, he will be out for 3-4 months minimum, probably 6 before hes playing rugby again. and that would suck for all black supporters