• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Would you have Bat for your Life

Who would you have to bat for your life

• Justin Langer

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Ricky Ponting

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Damien Martyn

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Stephen Fleming

• Michael Vaughan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Strauss

• Rahul Dravid

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Brian Lara

• Jacques Kallis

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Graham Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Let's pretend we're not trying to commit suicide here and say Glenn McGrath...

Anyway.. With Steve Waugh now off the scene (and I think most would rate him as the bloke you'd have bat for your life) who now takes that mantle off him... This is the sorta bloke that when the chips are really down simply will be the hardest and most dogged to get out and not throw their wicket away....

Let the posting begin...

For me it would have to now be Justin Langer...
In pressure situations Justin's great. He's not pretty to watch but neither was Waugh and has an uncanny will to survive... I'll never forget it when he got Australia over the line with Gilly against the Pakies...

Fiery

Banned
Slats4ever said:
Let's pretend we're not trying to commit suicide here and say Glenn McGrath...

Anyway.. With Steve Waugh now off the scene (and I think most would rate him as the bloke you'd have bat for your life) who now takes that mantle off him... This is the sorta bloke that when the chips are really down simply will be the hardest and most dogged to get out and not throw their wicket away....

Let the posting begin...

For me it would have to now be Justin Langer...
In pressure situations Justin's great. He's not pretty to watch but neither was Waugh and has an uncanny will to survive... I'll never forget it when he got Australia over the line with Gilly against the Pakies...
I agree that Langer is probably the mentally toughest batsman going around. In the past it would have been Steve Waugh or Allan Border. If we're allowed to nominate one from our own country then I would go with Andrew Jones.

nibbs

International Captain
Fiery said:
I agree that Langer is probably the mentally toughest batsman going around. In the past it would have been Steve Waugh or Allan Border. If we're allowed to nominate one from our own country then I would go with Andrew Jones.
i can't help but suspect he's well past his prime dude...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If my life depended on the batter not getting out I'd go for Dravid without question.

If I were selecting an Englishman tho....probably Strauss just now, although he showed a few signs in the ODIs that his purple patch myabe coming to its end.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
The Dravster just can't be beat here.

Although if the world was being invaded by the killer cricket balls, I'd want Border to beat the buggers back. (Stolen from somewhere)

C_C

International Captain
Out of current players, it would be Dravid under lock-n-key followed by Kallis.

Alltime i would go for Gavaskar......

Yes Mark "Chopper" Read - the doyen of the melbourne underworld - well he could certainly wield a shotgun to great effect. No slouch with the willow either im told. Used to open the batting for the south bendigo under 13Bs im told.