• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your favourite cricketer?

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
1. Brett Lee.

2. Marcus Trescothick.

3. Shane Bond.

4. Steve Waugh.

(hehe - no one can accuse me of being bias...)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think this laughing at agarkar has gone over board.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
sorry, just had to get that out of the system.
Agarkar
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kimbo

International Debutant
Agarkar is a great ODI player- his economy rate is 5.1, he has played 100 matches, hasn't got a 5 wicket bag yet... his average is 28.43, strike rate 33.4
yea, he is my hero

masterblaster

International Captain
Well he holds the record for the fastest to 50 wickets

(Cmon give me a break, I have to defend my fellow countryman just a little bit)

muralilal

Banned
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
Agarkar is a great ODI player- his economy rate is 5.1, he has played 100 matches, hasn't got a 5 wicket bag yet... his average is 28.43, strike rate 33.4
yea, he is my hero
And whats wrong with that??? the only UNIMPRESSIVE figure is his economy rate which is high. His st/rt is better than that of a class bowler like Gough (35), and even Pollock(37)!! In onedayers its a 4 wkt haul that is seen, Ajit has 7 haul of 4 wkts from 100 matches in contrast Gough have 9 haul of 4 wkts in 111 matches.

[Edited on 25/9/2002 by muralilal]

Simon

i cant see how he is classed as an allrounder.
sunil- i can accept that he is someones favourite player. Matty Hayden was my fav player even when he was going very poorly. his test average was 21 then compared to the 49 he avergaes now.

Simon

Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
i know... but agarkar?
i guess his ears are cool
quite the opposite, his ears are even more laughable than his batting!

Kimbo

International Debutant
I love huge ears, I guess its because I have freakishly small ears.
MY friend has massive ears. She confirmed that sometimes they are annoying to sleep on, apparently they fold forwards... eww... crazy...
I guess big stickyouty ears are laughable though... I like to laugh though.
Maybe Agarkar should be my favourite, I could laugh at his bowling, his ears, th way he is called an allrounder... haha... yay Agarkar:P

mayadevi

Banned
[quote
i guess his ears are cool [/quote]
quite the opposite, his ears are even more laughable than his batting! [/quote]

If u want to look at something more funny then have a look at gilchrist face, he looks like an actual monster...ooops that make him scary and not funny isn't it?? Maybe his replica should be used as a scarecrow:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In onedayers its a 4 wkt haul that is seen, Ajit has 7 haul of 4 wkts from 100 matches in contrast Gough have 9 haul of 4 wkts in 111 matches.
Mate, if you're going to post stats to back up your argument, at least make them show the player you're arguing for in a better light than someone!

muralilal

Banned

Mate, if you're going to post stats to back up your argument, at least make them show the player you're arguing for in a better light than someone!

Nope , that wasn't my intention so there wasn't any need for it!

My point is that a class bowler like Gough, who is much better than Ajit have figures similar or slightly better than Agarkar, therefore those clowns who are making fun of Ajit on his stats should better stop with all that nonsense

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd never thought to compare those 2 players, but doing so makes interesting reading:

On most teams, they are fairly even, but Gough has the advantage against the big 2 - Aus and SA - considerably so in the case of SA - I'm not sure why that would be, but maybe he is just more of a "big game" player?

Of course, he is also 0.8 RPO better off, which is a big difference in all honesty, but I hadn't realised how effective at what he does Agarkar can be in ODI, although his last few seasons haven't been as good, and if he hadn't had such an amazing start I doubt he'd still be around.

Finally, I still think he's useless at Test level though ;)

muralilal

Banned
Originally posted by marc71178
, but I hadn't realised how effective at what he does Agarkar can be in ODI, although his last few seasons haven't been as good, and if he hadn't had such an amazing start I doubt he'd still be around.

Jeez, Ajit's last few performance is better than his overall performance, ur suggestion that he's been around just coz of a bright start is nothing but a load of bull.Lets have a look at Ajit's recent stats.
Last 10 onedayers.
ave:20 ER 4.6 w16 4 SR:26

last 20 onedayers
ave:24.9 ER:5.03 w:30 SR: 29.7

overall
ave:28.4 ER:5.10 W:154 SR:33.4

Finally, I still think he's useless at Test level though ;)

Who's talking about test matches? Its like someone comments on Bevan's brillinat batting in onedayers and a dumb person reminding "but he's failure at test matches"..Jeez
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fair enough, I wasn't looking at this year - sorry for that, but his average now is still a lot worse than it was after his initial bursting onto the scene -

I still stand by my earlier comment, because his 1999-2001 figures are horrible, and if he'd not had the good start, he wouldn't have been in a position to have had this good year, as he'd have been dropped before then.

muralilal

Banned
Originally posted by marc71178
Fair enough, I wasn't looking at this year - sorry for that, but his average now is still a lot worse than it was after his initial bursting onto the scene -

Excuse me, an average of 28 can hadly be described as WORSE.

I still stand by my earlier comment, because his 1999-2001 figures are horrible, and if he'd not had the good start, he wouldn't have been in a position to have had this good year, as he'd have been dropped before then.
Everyone goes though a bad patch, McGrath,Pollock , Waqar , all had their share of bad patch.Ajit is in the team now purely on merit!