• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best spinner in world cricket today?

Best test spinner ATM is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jezroy

State Captain
Kane Williamson:ph34r:

Seriously though - probably Swann. Strange to think this. Remember watching him in the England ODI team a couple of years ago thinking that he wasn't attacking enough for test cricket. Shame on me,

Jezroy

State Captain
I missed Vettori on the poll.Sorry.
Don't be - I don't think even NZ fans (myself included) would be silly enough to say he is the best spinner in world cricket today. He's steady, economical, great in ODI's, a good batsman - but we're not deluded!

Actually though - wanna put Shakib?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Swanny's a fine bowler and is blossoming, but we shouldn't get carried away with ourselves.

Harbhajan has a bit more class and Mendis has something a bit different. Voted Mendis.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Can't see how you can vote Mendis when he's just plummeted after his incredible start.

Swann, just, over Harbhajan.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see how you can vote Mendis when he's just plummeted after his incredible start.
He hasn't had a chance to boost his average against England yet...

The worry is that he has just been worked out and he was all about the novelty value. Time will tell.

Sir Alex

Banned
Swann is yet to be tested in Australia, against Sri Lanka home or away, and in Pakistan (will prbably never happen). He has hugely benefited from a lot of games against weaker teams of spin like West Indies who account for more than quarter of his wickets. He went for nearly 40 per wicket in the 2 test series in India.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, jury's still out on Swann. He's clearly much improved, and he's clearly a high quality attacking spinner. But better than Harbhajan? I doubt it.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann is yet to be tested in Australia, against Sri Lanka home or away, and in Pakistan (will prbably never happen). He has hugely benefited from a lot of games against weaker teams of spin like West Indies who account for more than quarter of his wickets. He went for nearly 40 per wicket in the 2 test series in India.
Did pretty well in SL in the ODI series he played out there didn't he?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yep, jury's still out on Swann. He's clearly much improved, and he's clearly a high quality attacking spinner. But better than Harbhajan? I doubt it.
Personally, they're similar bowlers, but Harbhajan strikes me as being somewhat more of a ****. So I'm voting Graeme.