• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best pace bowler of all time?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhupinder, a hypothetical scenario for you:

The ICC decides tonight that the WSC Supertests and the Australia/England v RoW series' in the early 70s are now going to be officially acknowledged as Tests, with subsequent adjustment of Test figures for all players involved.

Given the importance you (and others, for that matter) attach to the numbers when determining a player’s quality, would your opinion of all the affected players change based on how much better/worse their Test stats became as a result of the new adjustments?

Not having a go at you here either mate – I’m genuinely curious. :)

Beleg

International Regular
Wasim Akram is the best bowler ever in the history of bowling and whoeever doesn't agree with this is either drunk, asleep or in denial.

SO THERE.

funnygirl

State Regular
Better than Imran ??
Statistically Imran is superior to Wasim . If u think beyond statistics ,i saw Imran getting hammered by a mediocre slogger like Srikanth and then Wasim just finished his career with a bouncer if i remember correctly. Thats not a huge achievment ,but Imran getting hammered by srikanth wasn't a pleasant sight either .

Again the great Viv made Imran look like a kid when he toyed with his fast bowling and young Wasim tested the great Viv with his left arm pace and vicious bouncer which took off the cap was a great sight ending and ending the over with clean bowling him..Again such things happen in cricket . But wickets and wickets are the only criteria ,then i gave up.

Again Allan Border said he wanted to reborn again as Wasim akram .Obviously Border faced Imran at his prime. So there must be something this Wasim guy possessed which all those statistic fanatics couldn't see. Recently jeff Dujon the great WestIndian wicket keeper told that Wasim was the best bowler he faced .

Imran is much superior to Wasim in terms of statistics ,so u can say Imran better than Wasim .

Beleg

International Regular
Imran who????????

Wasim Akram is God, mahatama, krishna, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin all combined into one. Wasim Akram is a fire that cannot be quenched and outshines all.

funnygirl

State Regular
Imran who????????

Wasim Akram is God, mahatama, krishna, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin all combined into one. Wasim Akram is a fire that cannot be quenched and outshines all.
That was uncalled for:laugh:
I am the biggest fan of Wasim akram in this whole universe ,but i won't say such things abt him . Imran and wasim is a close call ,just that Wasim is more gifted and Imran more dedicated(thats why he was more successful) .Wasim was just too much of talent .

One person was playing for OXford universities an other one straght from the street of a local district Muzzang . So that difference is there.
Just bowled two overs to Pakistan's best batsman and got picked up for playing international team( can u imagine that) says the talent the guy possessed naturally at such an early age .

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Imran who????????

And I thought *I* had a serious case of Wasim Akram hero-worship... :)