• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Is The Best English Batsman of All-Time?

Who is England's greatest ever batsman?

• WG Grace

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Sir Jack Hobbs

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Herbert Sutcliffe

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Wally Hammond

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Douglas Jardine

• Denis Compton

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Sir Len Hutton

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Peter May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted Dexter

• Ken Barrington

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Sir Geoffrey Boycott

• Graham Gooch

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
I know it does...and thats because I know more about what goes on in your brain, just from your posts on here then you actually do :laugh:
And that really is ridiculous.
Fortunately by the :laugh: (which I'm guessing will become your new symbol now the prompted emotiocams have been changed to not include :D) I can tell you're not being serious.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
No, you say I'm in a hole.
By bringing-up irrelevant stuff like his mindset upon being about to bowl the delivery you are not going to create one.
Of course, that sort of thing is irrelevant when he's bowling isn't it?

Because you say it is.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Your only defence against this blatant fact has been "you can't know more about Flintoff than he does", despite the fact that I've provided hard evidence as to why I - and anyone else who wants to - can.
No, because you are not Andrew Flintoff, so you cannot know more about him than he himself knows - yet you continue to insist you do.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Of course, that sort of thing is irrelevant when he's bowling isn't it?

Because you say it is.
I do say it is - because as far as anyone who's actually thinking can see, the thoughts of the bowler don't affect how well or poorly the batsman plays the delivery, or how good the delivery is if you don't have the basic techniques to bowl the good balls.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No, because you are not Andrew Flintoff, so you cannot know more about him than he himself knows - yet you continue to insist you do.
I cannot know more about him, no - but I can know his bowling as well, and seemingly better, than he and so many others.
And yes, I'll continue to insist I do.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
No, it's not - because there are completely different data.
Neither is remotely possible, but you've decided that one is, because otherwise everything you've been saying would be wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Neither is remotely possible, but you've decided that one is, because otherwise everything you've been saying would be wrong.
No, you've decided that one isn't, because otherwise everything you've been saying would be wrong.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I cannot know more about him, no - but I can know his bowling as well, and seemingly better, than he and so many others.
How can you?

You're not there on the pitch with him.

You're not in the nets with him.

You're just an arrogant little schoolkid who watches him on TV and decide you know more than he himself does.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
No, you've decided that one isn't, because otherwise everything you've been saying would be wrong.
When you can prove how you can know more about him than he himself does, maybe you'd have a point, but since that is impossible, then you don't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
How can you?

You're not there on the pitch with him.

You're not in the nets with him.

You're just an arrogant little schoolkid who watches him on TV and decide you know more than he himself does.
Wrong, I'm not a schoolkid any more.
And no, I'm not in the nets or anywhere else; I am, however, watching every ball in the match situation with equal clarity.
AND LIKE IT OR NOT THAT IS ALL THAT IS OF THE SLIGHTEST SIGNIFICANCE

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
When you can prove how you can know more about him than he himself does, maybe you'd have a point, but since that is impossible, then you don't.
I can prove quite clearly that I know more about his bowling in Test-match cricket than he does - if indeed he thinks the turnaround happened in the Bridgetown game, and I've done so God-knows-how-many times.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
I can prove quite clearly that I know more about his bowling in Test-match cricket than he does - if indeed he thinks the turnaround happened in the Bridgetown game, and I've done so God-knows-how-many times.
That quote is the absolute pinnacle of arrogance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
And no, I'm not in the nets or anywhere else; I am, however, watching every ball in the match situation with equal clarity.
But that does not give you more insight into him than he or the coaches have.

And you can always tell when someone starts being shown up by the sudden change in font size.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
No, you have not.

You claim you have, but since you are not Flintoff and you are not Troy Cooley, and it appears you haven't even read what Flintoff himself has said about it (or the various people on here with some biomechanical knowledge have said) - then you haven't.

Sussexshark

Cricket Spectator
Richard said:
All well and good - but not actually relevant to the discussion.
You made it relevant, kiddo.

Tell me, do you know anything about the game? Since what virtually all you say is sheer unadulterated codswallop I think not. Marc got it about right, but it's not just the acting like a schoolkid - hell, we all enjoy being one of those from time to time! - but it's the insufferable arrogance you display that I find so totally unacceptable - and I'm not the only one. Who in the name of Sweet Jesus do you think you are, boy, that you consider you know better than the rest of us here AND international cricketers to boot?

Dear Lord, this site would be so much better off without your pathetic pratings.

:@ :@ :@