• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is better in these five batsmen?

Who is the better batsman in these five in One-Dayers?

• Total voters

godofcricket

State 12th Man
why would anyone put pietersen and hussey in the same list as sachin and richards???? But anyway to the question: Sachin for me, Bevan was an awesome one-day player with the best average but i always enjoyed watching sachin tendulkar, his shots are just sooooooo amazing, one of his shots that i will always remember is when he hit a huge six to caddick in WC 2003, that was unbeliveable..........i never saw richards, so havent got anything to say about him.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Pietersen can play shots that none of those guys could even Sir Viv or Sachin. He could be great, he has all the talent that Sachin and Viv did, but he doesn't have the same hunger for runs that they do.

FRAZ

International Captain
Richards ,Sachin,Bevan and Javed Miandad followed by Steve Waugh ,Inzamam and Arvinda De-silva.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
Um, who made you the chairman? I don't remember voting. :blink:

Do you have Mr. President in your pocket?
I think I've been the Chairman for the entirety of the society's existence...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
Um, who made you the chairman? I don't remember voting. :blink:
Seeing as he was chairman for 4 years or so before you even joined, I don't think your vote counts.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Seeing as he was chairman for 4 years or so before you even joined, I don't think your vote counts.
So his term will be over soon and SS's vote will count?

archie mac

International Coach
I voted Richards, in his day a score of over 220 was considered a good effort, now they would reach that in the 35th over:(

Also in Richards day they started each innings with a new ball from both ends, which meant that the ball was never older than 25 overs.

The fielding restrictions were not in place for some of Richards career either.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I call for re-elections for AAAS for every thing from president and chairman. :p

Proud member of AAAS.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
archie mac said:
I voted Richards, in his day a score of over 220 was considered a good effort, now they would reach that in the 35th over:(

Also in Richards day they started each innings with a new ball from both ends, which meant that the ball was never older than 25 overs.

The fielding restrictions were not in place for some of Richards career either.
It's hard to go past Isaac Vivian Richards. In an era where ODI's were just shorter versions of tests, this was a bloke who could arrogantly stand there, chew gum, and thump the ball for 6!!