• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who could you play for?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia
Born here, lived here my whole life, etc.

Italy

Mum's family is from there, she moved over here when she was 6. I'm also an Italian citizen, even though I've never lived there. Children of people born in Italy can apply for citizenship, which I obtained last year.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia - born here
England - one grandparent born there

Another grandparent lived in Ireland for a fair chunk of her life, but was born in Australia.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Australia and Japan. Dual citizen. Hoping to make the dream of playing for Japan come true one day, though is of course, just a pipe dream.

Cloete

International Captain
Australia (Lived here for 10-11 years or so and citizenship
South Africa (Born there)
England (Mother + Maternal Grandmother born there)
Scotland (Maternal Granfather born there)
Kenya (Father + Paternal Grandfather born there
Italy (Paternal Grandmother born there)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England. Don't think I can even trace any roots out of Merseyside within the last few generations!

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
GeraintIsMyHero said:
England. Don't think I can even trace any roots out of Merseyside within the last few generations!
Why move? Since the hub cap was invented it's been rich pickings.

:)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand
Although I could probably play for Wales if I pretended I had a Welsh grandma and they were desperate (read: Shane Howarth).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England (birth), Netherlands (Grandparent), South Africa (Grandparent), Myanmar/India (Grandparent).

Slow Love™

International Captain
Don't know if Belgium are much chop in terms of rugby, but I'd qualify 'cause my mother was born there. And Australia, obviously.

Oh, and Austria as my grandfather was born there.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
_Ed_ said:
Both my parents are English and moved here when they got married, so I also have dual citizenship.
And it is your best friend when you are done with uni and if you want to go to Europe and work.

No work visa for you :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
Pedro Delgado said:
Why move? Since the hub cap was invented it's been rich pickings.

:)
:laugh:

For me it is New Zealand (birth) and Australia (only by residency, but I'm not actually a citizen, but I don't need to, just like Thierry Henry doesn't need English citizenship).