• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the most underated and overated players

twctopcat

International Regular
These threads are cross-nationality bitch slapping sessions, but please proceed with the slagging off,:).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Under Rated
A lot of these are rated highly, but they arent given credit for being outstanding in their field...

1. Marvan Attapattu
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Imran Farhat
4. Makhaya Ntini
5. Ray Price
6. Darren Lehmann
7. Damien Martyn
8. Justin Langer
9. Nico Boje
10. Ridley Jacobs
11. Michael Bevan
12. Jason Gillespie

Over Rated

1. Tatenda Taibu
2. Irfan Pathan
3. Ashish Nehra
4. Mornantau Hayward
5. Sean Ervine
6. Brad Williams
7. Rikki Clarke :)
8. Dwayne Smith

chicane

State Captain
Langeveldt said:
Under Rated
A lot of these are rated highly, but they arent given credit for being outstanding in their field...

1. Marvan Attapattu
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Imran Farhat
4. Makhaya Ntini
5. Ray Price
6. Darren Lehmann
7. Damien Martyn
8. Justin Langer
9. Nico Boje
10. Ridley Jacobs
11. Michael Bevan
12. Jason Gillespie
and Zaheer Khan, Virendar Sehwag, Inzamam-ul-haq, Yousuf Youhanna, Chris Gayle.....
Langeveldt said:
Over Rated

1. Tatenda Taibu
2. Irfan Pathan
3. Ashish Nehra
4. Mornantau Hayward
5. Sean Ervine
6. Brad Williams
8. Dwayne Smith
Stephen Harmison, Ricky Ponting, Simon Jones, Craig White.....

Langeveldt

Soutie
chicane said:
Stephen Harmison, Ricky Ponting, Simon Jones, Craig White.....

Agree with Simon Jones...
Craig White is hardly playing any more... Did a very sterling job while he was...

How on earth can Ponting be over rated???! He is outstanding...

chicane

State Captain
Langeveldt said:
Agree with Simon Jones...
Craig White is hardly playing any more... Did a very sterling job while he was...

How on earth can Ponting be over rated???! He is outstanding...
Outstanding enough to be rated better than Tendulkar, Lara and Dravid?

Langeveldt

Soutie
chicane said:
Outstanding enough to be rated better than Tendulkar, Lara and Dravid?
I dont think he is rated better than Tendulkar... I think he is better than Lara anyway... As for Dravid, well Rahul is severely under rated anyway

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Under Rated

1. Marvan Attapattu
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Imran Farhat
4. Makhaya Ntini
5. Ray Price
6. Darren Lehmann
7. Damien Martyn
8. Justin Langer
9. Nico Boje
10. Ridley Jacobs
11. Michael Bevan
12. Jason Gillespie

Over Rated

1. Tatenda Taibu
2. Irfan Pathan
3. Ashish Nehra
4. Mornantau Hayward
5. Sean Ervine
6. Brad Williams
8. Dwayne Smith
Gillespie definitely, best fast bowler in the world IMO. Atapattu however is poor in the field and dominates Zim etc only, which explain majority of double hundred's etc.
Langer still has a weakness against swing.

chicane

State Captain
Langeveldt said:
And my opinion matches the general consensus..

Maybe its true then?
How is ponting better? Skill? He's a superb batsman and has had an awesome 2003. But he's not better than Lara, who many will agree is the greatest batsman of this era.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think you can call anyone who averages over 70 in his last 30 test matches, and scored an unbeaten hundred whilst captaining his side to the world cup, overrated!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ponting averages more than Lara in tests anyway... an even superber batsman.. Not to mention one of the finest fielders in the game and what looks to be a far more impressive leader than Lara....

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
irfan pathan overrated :wacko: ? :confused:

irfan pathan is highly underrrated.he is the best fast bowler among the current ones and is the only fast bowler among the surrent ones who can match the old greats like marshall, akram, etc. i have been highly impressed with all what i have seen of him.

also, all indian bowlers are highly underrated and the indian batting is highly overrated.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Overrated - V Sehwag, VVS Laxman, Trescothick, Justin Langer, Shoaib Akhtar

Underrated - Andy Flintoff, Andrew Symonds, Nathan Astle, Boeta Dippenar, Makhya Nitni, Anil Kumble

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I wouldn't say Taibu or Hussain are rated highly enough to be called over-rated. Anyway, IMO Taibu is a superb wicketkeeper at this stage and will get better very fast.
That was a good call.